Revel Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Revel Bikes
O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 21:45 Quote
well going up steep technicals is still better on my trail bike but its really hard to beat that 29er and long geo...but everything else with the Rail is just soooooooo freaking fun. even the technical climbs that arnt super steep are more fun because the bike gives the feeling of wanting to pick new unique lines. The bike just seems to want to "rail" corners as fast as i dare ride and every little bump or root i come across, the bike just begs to pop in the air. i could go on for days on how impressively fun this bike is to ride. worth every damn penny!!

down the road i want to get carbon rims with those Berd spoke which would drop over a pound of rotational weight...i cant even imagine how fun the bike will be with that upgrade...definitely gotta save up some extra money for that upgrade haha

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
alaskarider89 wrote:
Got my new Rail built and holy cow this is by far the most fun bike i have ever owned. Even with the 170/165 travel, it climbs almost as good as my trail bike and is no less tiring on everything else. it just loves to pop around and fly of any little bump. its so awesome to get a bike that you just say to yourself "this is the perfect bike for me". Not the lightest Rail build at 32# but I sacrificed some weight for saving money haha.

Fork- 2021 Lyric Ultimate 170mm
Shock- Super Deluxe
Brakes- Sram G2 RS
Rotors- Sram Centerline X 180mm
Drivetrain- AXS GX (NX Cassette)
Wheels- Spank 359's with Bitex hubs
Crankset- RaceFace Turbine
Dropper- SDG Tellis 170mm
Stem- Anvl Swedg 40mm
Bars- Anvl Mandrel 35mm rise
Pedals- Anvl Tilt V3
Seat- SDG Del-Air V3
Tires- Assegai front/ Aggressor Rear
custom orange fork/shock decals

my new baby 2021 Revel Rail Med.
Good looking build, stoked to see more Rail owners! I'm super happy with mine. 32# isn't a bad number at all especially considering it's capability.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
Anyone know how many volume spacers come in the super deluxe ultimate on the rascal?

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 20:09 Quote
photo
I made this aluminum plate to keep the BB mount guard from spinning. Needed a little spacer for the bolt at the chain guide. I also countersunk that hole and used a flat head Allen. All bolts are aluminum as well

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
Revel has made a huge splash in the industry and has become very popular. Lets keep this thread alive! Keep posting pictures and keep a discussion going so new owners have a place to look things up and see some inspiring builds.

Speaking of builds anyone here have a Mullet Rail? I'm thinking of putting a 29er on the front of mine Big Grin

FL
Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
Here is my Mullet! She definitely rips and I love this setup

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
Nice to see some action here! It's been awhile.
@Shred,
How do you like the DVO Coil?

Done a couple small things to my Rascal since my last post here.
Went with 2 piece TRP rotors with a 203 up front, and swapped the stock damper on my Pike Ultimate with a Push HC97 Damper.

Been eyeballing the new Rail 29er frame. Could be the next move. LOL

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
shred-zilla wrote:

photo
photo
photo

Looking good! What travel do you have your fork set at and what's your HTA?

FL
Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
shred-zilla wrote:

photo
photo
photo

Looking good! What travel do you have your fork set at and what's your HTA?

Hey @skierdud89, fork is at 160 and I think the HTA is around 64.7, I will have to double check it when my fork gets back from Fox from servicing. I have never run the bike in full 27.5, so I wouldn't know any advantages or disadvantages from the setup but this bike is super fast. I sometimes am amazed with how much control I feel and the speeds that I can take it. It is also a very playful bike, and even at slow speeds it can do some jibbin without an issue. As the sport of MTB has taken off in the past decade, I feel like Revel has hit the "sweet spot" with their bikes. The angles are all respectable and they feel just balanced. My wife has a Rascal and that bike is so much fun. I am not surprised to see new models of bikes coming out with HTA's in the 64-65 range and within 5mm of Revels Chainstay length.

FL
Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 7:26 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
Nice to see some action here! It's been awhile.
@Shred,
How do you like the DVO Coil?

Done a couple small things to my Rascal since my last post here.
Went with 2 piece TRP rotors with a 203 up front, and swapped the stock damper on my Pike Ultimate with a Push HC97 Damper.

Been eyeballing the new Rail 29er frame. Could be the next move. LOL

photo

Wow that is a beautiful Rascal! I really like the DVO coil, the flip switch has very pronounced and noticeable changes. I am running a 425-500 progressive coil and it feels really good. I have tried the 450 and a 433. I also have an X2 that I sometimes swap out. I ran the coil at the BME Ironton race, and it felt really good there. While some of the local trails don't necessarily need a coil and I swap out to air at these trails.

The Rail 29 looks really nice. My wife has a Rascal and honestly I think that is one of the best bikes ever. It can do anything really well and not just "good" or "ok" at it. I feel like the Rascal can be dressed up with a coil, beefier tires and wheels for enduro and dressed down with an air shock and a lighter wheelset for cross country-ish or long pedal days of riding.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
Nice to hear more good things regarding DVO. A riding buddy recently bought a Ripmo AF with DVO suspension, and has been really happy with it as well.
I agree the Rascal is a great all around bike. I built mine for rowdier terrain, but I still pedals like a beast.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
My Rascal build:

photo
photo
photo

Suspension: Pike Ultimate with 150mm air shaft, Push 11-6
Trail wheels: WAO Union, DHR front, Dissector rear, Hydra
Light trail/XC wheels: Nobl TR37, XR4 front, XR3 rear, Hydra
Crank: 5Dev 165mm
Pedals: Crankbros Stamp 11
Bar: Oneup cut to 770mm
Drivetrain: X01/XX1 AXS, 28t Absolute Black chainring
Brakes: Hayes Dominion 4, 203/180mm SRAM rotors
Seatpost: Reverb AXS
Saddle: Ergon Enduro

Have about 3 months on the bike now. Still trying to get the fork dialed exactly how I want it but this thing is an absolute weapon. Exceptional over chattery trails. Not the lightest bike in the class, but it still climbs well. And with the rear shock in plush setting it will glide up chunky climbs that my old bike struggled with.

Only thing I think I'd do differently in the build is to live with the extra cabling and put in a BikeYoke dropper rather than the AXS. Compromises on the AXS price, weight, and travel turned out not to be worth it for me and I've already had to do one trailside air bleed.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
coachzed wrote:
My Rascal build:

photo
photo
photo

Suspension: Pike Ultimate with 150mm air shaft, Push 11-6
Trail wheels: WAO Union, DHR front, Dissector rear, Hydra
Light trail/XC wheels: Nobl TR37, XR4 front, XR3 rear, Hydra
Crank: 5Dev 165mm
Pedals: Crankbros Stamp 11
Bar: Oneup cut to 770mm
Drivetrain: X01/XX1 AXS, 28t Absolute Black chainring
Brakes: Hayes Dominion 4, 203/180mm SRAM rotors
Seatpost: Reverb AXS
Saddle: Ergon Enduro

Have about 3 months on the bike now. Still trying to get the fork dialed exactly how I want it but this thing is an absolute weapon. Exceptional over chattery trails. Not the lightest bike in the class, but it still climbs well. And with the rear shock in plush setting it will glide up chunky climbs that my old bike struggled with.

Only thing I think I'd do differently in the build is to live with the extra cabling and put in a BikeYoke dropper rather than the AXS. Compromises on the AXS price, weight, and travel turned out not to be worth it for me and I've already had to do one trailside air bleed.

Solid Build!
Sucks to hear about the AXS Dropper issues. Ive been running mine for about 3 years I think, and have had zero issues.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022497
Mobile Version of Website