Revel Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Revel Bikes
| Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 16:41 Quote
I was running a GX AXS deraileur and I smashed it just right at Sheppard MTB Park in Ironton. That made me do a double take on cable deraileurs, so I just bought a cheap one that shifts just fine and I got a more high end shifter for the feel and the extra features (multi shifting and such)

blurryvision wrote:
coachzed wrote:
My Rascal build:

Suspension: Pike Ultimate with 150mm air shaft, Push 11-6
Trail wheels: WAO Union, DHR front, Dissector rear, Hydra
Light trail/XC wheels: Nobl TR37, XR4 front, XR3 rear, Hydra
Crank: 5Dev 165mm
Pedals: Crankbros Stamp 11
Bar: Oneup cut to 770mm
Drivetrain: X01/XX1 AXS, 28t Absolute Black chainring
Brakes: Hayes Dominion 4, 203/180mm SRAM rotors
Seatpost: Reverb AXS
Saddle: Ergon Enduro

Have about 3 months on the bike now. Still trying to get the fork dialed exactly how I want it but this thing is an absolute weapon. Exceptional over chattery trails. Not the lightest bike in the class, but it still climbs well. And with the rear shock in plush setting it will glide up chunky climbs that my old bike struggled with.

Only thing I think I'd do differently in the build is to live with the extra cabling and put in a BikeYoke dropper rather than the AXS. Compromises on the AXS price, weight, and travel turned out not to be worth it for me and I've already had to do one trailside air bleed.

Solid Build!
Sucks to hear about the AXS Dropper issues. Ive been running mine for about 3 years I think, and have had zero issues.

Posted: Jun 10, 2022 at 20:51 Quote
shred-zilla wrote:
I was running a GX AXS deraileur and I smashed it just right at Sheppard MTB Park in Ironton. That made me do a double take on cable deraileurs, so I just bought a cheap one that shifts just fine and I got a more high end shifter for the feel and the extra features (multi shifting and such)

blurryvision wrote:
coachzed wrote:
My Rascal build:

Suspension: Pike Ultimate with 150mm air shaft, Push 11-6
Trail wheels: WAO Union, DHR front, Dissector rear, Hydra
Light trail/XC wheels: Nobl TR37, XR4 front, XR3 rear, Hydra
Crank: 5Dev 165mm
Pedals: Crankbros Stamp 11
Bar: Oneup cut to 770mm
Drivetrain: X01/XX1 AXS, 28t Absolute Black chainring
Brakes: Hayes Dominion 4, 203/180mm SRAM rotors
Seatpost: Reverb AXS
Saddle: Ergon Enduro

Have about 3 months on the bike now. Still trying to get the fork dialed exactly how I want it but this thing is an absolute weapon. Exceptional over chattery trails. Not the lightest bike in the class, but it still climbs well. And with the rear shock in plush setting it will glide up chunky climbs that my old bike struggled with.

Only thing I think I'd do differently in the build is to live with the extra cabling and put in a BikeYoke dropper rather than the AXS. Compromises on the AXS price, weight, and travel turned out not to be worth it for me and I've already had to do one trailside air bleed.

Solid Build!
Sucks to hear about the AXS Dropper issues. Ive been running mine for about 3 years I think, and have had zero issues.

Maybe I’m just lucky with all things AXS. Lol!
My derailleur has taken a beating, and remains flawless.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
blurryvision wrote:
shred-zilla wrote:

blurryvision wrote:

Solid Build!

Maybe I’m just lucky with all things AXS. Lol!
My derailleur has taken a beating, and remains flawless.

I think most people have faired well with AXS. I hit it just right and bent the hanger, working a crash replacement now. I don’t think I will use it again, I might just save it for a rainy day and use it as a backup.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
I have a Fox DPX2 (I know, I know) on my Revel Rail and looking to upgrade. Any recommendations for a good shock that won't break the bank (like Push Eleven-Six)? I'll probably end up going with the X2 but looking for other recommendations!

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
Hey ridebhm,
From what I have heard, the DPX2 can be very similar to the X2. If you are looking for air, maybe ohlins. Most air shocks are going to act similar to your DPX2 like the RS SDU, DVO Topaz, etc. if you wanted coil, I’d say anything you throw on would benefit. With a progressive spring, the bike hugs the grounds and is very poppy.
The X2 is not a bad shock for this bike at all, I frequently switch between the Jade X coil and X2. I don’t think this answers your question but best of luck

ridebhm wrote:
I have a Fox DPX2 (I know, I know) on my Revel Rail and looking to upgrade. Any recommendations for a good shock that won't break the bank (like Push Eleven-Six)? I'll probably end up going with the X2 but looking for other recommendations!

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 7:51 Quote
Manitou Mara Pro. Insane small bump sensitivity and super easy to tune. Plus one of the best pedal platforms I've ever used and ACTUALLY would use (not that it matters too much on these bikes).

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 11:18 Quote
If you want to go with an affordable coil, might consider looking at the DVO Jade series. Hearing a lot of good things about them, especially for the price.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
Anyone riding the rail 29 yet? Ordered one and curious how it compares to other long travel 29’rs.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 22:55 Quote
Hi

Does anyone need 3D printed Revel Rascal Linkage Guard like one for Revel Ranger?

Check this one at https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3380548/

Thanks

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008023
Mobile Version of Website