Cheap alternatives for trail grooming?

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Cheap alternatives for trail grooming?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
My local trail is used by snowshoers, dog walkers and the occasionnal snowmobile. To smooth out the trail and make is alittle wider I started pulling a snow packed motorcycle tire on foot while I walk my dogs, I got the idea from another user (bags1) on another thread, he was saying to pull a 12" trailer tire on rim. Does any one else have grooming ideas?

Thanks

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
a guy can find a relatively cheap pair of snowshoes at an army surplus store or the like. also little less strenuous than packin' a tire i'd imagine. I either use 10x42 or 10x56 depending on snow depth. after a few passes (and some good cold temps) they're usually ready to go if you're runnin' low psi, 3-5.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
Hey alexscheuer! Your trail looks great! Not sure if there is a cheaper grooming tool around or not, but from the pic it looks plenty wide for sure! I wonder how that other fella is making out with his idea? Haha! Anyway, glad you used the idea and hope it works for you and your riding buddies!

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
bags1 wrote:
Hey alexscheuer! Your trail looks great! Not sure if there is a cheaper grooming tool around or not, but from the pic it looks plenty wide for sure! I wonder how that other fella is making out with his idea? Haha! Anyway, glad you used the idea and hope it works for you and your riding buddies!

Thanks for the idea! Like you said you leave it at the trail head and people are bound to pull it around, got some pretty heavy snow on the weekend and ive been pulling this around and snowshoeing, now just waiting for it to harden over night! added bonus is the workout it gives when i can't ride!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009437
Mobile Version of Website