2020 Niner Rip 9: Should I buy one?

PB Forum :: Niner Bikes
2020 Niner Rip 9: Should I buy one?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 5:56 Quote
I'm currently in the market for a mid travel modern 27.5 bike. I have narrowed it down to two bikes, the 2020 RIP 9 27.5 or the new Yeti SB140. I have already heard great things about the Yeti but there is not as much feedback for the Niner. Does anyone here have a new RIP 9 and if so, how do you like it?

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
MountainBikesAndMotorcycles wrote:
I'm currently in the market for a mid travel modern 27.5 bike. I have narrowed it down to two bikes, the 2020 RIP 9 27.5 or the new Yeti SB140. I have already heard great things about the Yeti but there is not as much feedback for the Niner. Does anyone here have a new RIP 9 and if so, how do you like it?

Absolutely you should!

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 6:12 Quote
My father has two Yeti's, a 2017 SB5 and a 2020 SB 130 LR. Both are absolutely fantastic bikes, but their proprietary Switch Infinity suspension mechanism needs to be maintained every few months and is subject to a lot of abuse being that its down low and easily scoured by rocks sand and debris. Its not the easiest job either and its pretty expensive to replace ($300-500 if I recall)

Being that I'm now on a "new" 2018 RIP 9 RDO, I can say the ear end linkage and suspension is much easier to work on yourself. And the quality of the frame (even a 2018 ) is on par with Yeti. The new RIP9 even has internal cable routing guides, so no more fishing around.

The new 2020 RIP 9 is a gorgeous frame, and you would be hard pressed to find another bike (other than a Yeti) that can climb and descend like it does. Their CVA suspension is just a trunnion shock DW Link, definitely a "hover bike" effect when climbing on my 2018 RIP9, just like my brothers Pivot Mach 6 (DW Link).

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
I absolutely love mine and would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a good climb but prioritizes the descent.. I’ve been surprised at how much better the bike handles at higher speeds. I’ll post a picture tomorrow.. I’ve been playing with all sorts of tire combos as well.

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
Rippin' on my RIP9 last weekend. Im experimenting with the Fox X2 now, got it dialed in, definitely feels more "numb" in the back, takes big impacts really well. But I may switch back to the old trusty DPX2 as its way more poppy and responsive and seems to take out the small trail chatter better. Different shocks for different trails I suppose.

Posted: Oct 1, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
Anyone who has a new medium Rip frame happen to know what the maximum seatpost insertion is?

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
I have a medium 2020 Rip 9 and i called them before i bought it as i'm on the fringe and if i remember correctly max insertion is 180mm.

You can call them and get pretty much any info you need.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006312
Mobile Version of Website