Rocky Mountain Instinct Rear Triangle

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
Rocky Mountain Instinct Rear Triangle
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 7:40 Quote
I have a 2018 RM instinct and have noticed a loose feeling in the rear triangle after long rides. After checking the rear triangle, the bolt that connects the seat stay and chainstay on the drive side has been coming loose. I tried putting loctite on the threads but it still ends up coming loose. Any advice on what could be the problem or any solutions? Thanks!

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 1:30 Quote
A worn bearing at the pivot may be causing the bolt to unthread.

If the bearing is good and the bolt being torqued correctly then you could consider stronger loctite. For a bearing pivot your can use loctite with either a 10nm or even 20nm breakaway force. Otherwise, once the bolt has been ridden whilst unthreaded, it may have dulled the threads in which case a new bolt may also help!!

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 23:49 Quote
Anyone know how to purchase just a rear triangle? Or know of someone selling!?

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
Only place I know to get a rear triangle is rocky crash replacement, they come with new bearings too. When I needed new stays was fairly quick and easy from my dealer even though I bought the frame used from somewhere else.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
ptrcarson wrote:
Only place I know to get a rear triangle is rocky crash replacement, they come with new bearings too. When I needed new stays was fairly quick and easy from my dealer even though I bought the frame used from somewhere else.

Curious what price range was for your crash replacement stays?

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
ptrcarson wrote:

Also curious on price?!

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
kr1nk wrote:
ptrcarson wrote:

Also curious on price?!

I paid $350 for just the seat stays, my guess around 750

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008695
Mobile Version of Website