Looking for advice.

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Looking for advice.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 7:14 Quote
Hey guys, I need some advice. I have roughly $2500 in my pocket and I've narrowed it down to three bikes.
2020 giant trance
Canyon spectral 6.0
Used transition patrol
the trance is decent, good price point but I would have to spend quite a bit upgrading in the future.
Canyon is well equipped, good price, fun ride but the customer service sucks.
Used transition. I fell in love with this bike at a demo last Year and I am considering buying a used gx build.

If you were in a limited budget, what would you do? Any other better options? Thanks!

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
Wait to see the Propain Tyee AL build your own proposition if available in US by mid year, also consider Capra Base(replace SX once it dies and can upgrade Yari internals) or save a little more for Ripmo AF w/DVO...d;o)

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 22:57 Quote
I've always like the Trance... never owned one, but have rode them, worked for a shop that sold them, and have friends that ride them. Great solid bike... not a head turner but well spec'd for the price and good tech.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
I demoed the Canyon Spectral and ended up buying a Giant Trance. My trance is the advanced model so not a direct comparison to what you are looking at but very happy with my decision. I can't remember which model Spectral it was but they were both 27.5 wheels

The trance feels much more capable/stable in the rough stuff and pedals better in my experience.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
If you are in love with the Transition, wait for a well loved, lightly used one to come up. Going for love is so much better than a series of "one ride stands."

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004531
Mobile Version of Website