Service for RockShox forks and shock.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Service for RockShox forks and shock.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
Hello all, I’m looking to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. I come from a Motocross background and we have suspension companies to service, revalve and help set up our stuff. Like Factory Connection or Race Tech. Are there any good suspension companies out there like these for mountain bikes? I have a Boxxer fork and a Vivid shock I’d like to get serviced. Don’t know of any shops. Help is greatly appreciated. Mike

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
Not trying to be like this, but what'd you find on a search?

Mainly becaue I searched "rockshox rebuild service" and came up with 8-10+ options, from shops to kits, to instructional videos, not to mentionthe service documents RS offers... This internet thing, it's amazing! (Ok had to get at least one dig in)

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 19:57 Quote
I found some places on a search and did a bit of reading but I wanted to see what others had to say about suspension shops in this industry. Just want to send my stuff out and have someone who's been in and out of these things tackle it for me. Thanks for not being "like that".....

Aaronz25RS wrote:
Not trying to be like this, but what'd you find on a search?

Mainly becaue I searched "rockshox rebuild service" and came up with 8-10+ options, from shops to kits, to instructional videos, not to mentionthe service documents RS offers... This internet thing, it's amazing! (Ok had to get at least one dig in)

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 9:37 Quote
I'm not an expert so my advice is pretty much worth what you're paying for it, but here it goes:
1. If you are just looking for basic servicing/rebuilding for recent Rockshox bits, I wouldn't worry too much about who did the work. Pretty much any suspension shop should be able to handle that. If you are looking for things like custom tuning it would be more important to make sure whomever is doing the work knows what they are doing.
2. I'd make sure there are no local shops around. My not especially mountainbike friendly medium-large city has two mountainbike suspension shops. Shipping really inflates the cost of the service.
3. Since I'm one of those guys who, out of my six suspension bits, has 1 fox piece and 0 RS pieces, I sometimes have to send stuff out of town to get serviced. I've sent stuff to Dirtlabs in CO and Mad Suspension in NV and been perfectly happy with their service. I have no idea if they are any better or any worse than anyone else though.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
www.avalanchedownhillracing.com

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004660
Mobile Version of Website