BARS

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 8:12 Quote
what bars do you recomend for street (rigid)? i was looking at the ns district.. but their out of stock in black... (europe)

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
Ive grown accustomed to taller BMX style bars for street.. I'm running 6.5" (not sure what in CM) on my shock fork equipped street 26.. it takes a pretty steep HT angle to pull it off (im at 72.5 on mine)

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
christospelo wrote:
what bars do you recomend for street (rigid)? i was looking at the ns district.. but their out of stock in black... (europe)

I just picked up an NS District a few weeks ago from ZM Cycles. I'm in the US, but they are in Canada. Not sure how VAT and shipping would impact the price on your end, but it's worth checking them to see if they have any left.

And the 2020 stock is probably right around the corner.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 10:02 Quote
A good alternative are bmx cruiser bars.They can be purchased for cheap compared to DJ specific bars.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 20:01 Quote
ObviousAlias wrote:
christospelo wrote:

I just picked up an NS District a few weeks ago from ZM Cycles. I'm in the US, but they are in Canada. Not sure how VAT and shipping would impact the price on your end, but it's worth checking them to see if they have any left.

Naah i just ordered it in trans olive...
how is it? is it too wide ? did you cut it?

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 0:07 Quote
christospelo wrote:
ObviousAlias wrote:
christospelo wrote:

Yeah they are too wide. Cut them to 740, perfect width

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
I'm using a 22.2 clamp stem, so there's a lot of BMX bar options. Currently running a 4" rise GT bar, but am switching to S&M 6.5" Bruiser bars on my rigid 26" DJ - fork is not suspension corrected.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 16:59 Quote
walkingtall76 wrote:
christospelo wrote:
ObviousAlias wrote:

Yeah they are too wide. Cut them to 740, perfect width

Yeah, I cut mine down a little under an inch on each side. I think it was 3/4" off each end.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 4:15 Quote
I found this tool to be invaluable for cutting bars, seatposts, and steerer tubes:

RIDGID 29963 Model 35S

Easy to use, and your results are going to be a lot nicer than if you take a saw to it.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 23:32 Quote
ObviousAlias wrote:
I found this tool to be invaluable for cutting bars, seatposts, and steerer tubes:

RIDGID 29963 Model 35S

Easy to use, and your results are going to be a lot nicer than if you take a saw to it.

Pipe cutter, pretty regular at any hardware store. Most bike work can be done using common tools- try and stay away from bike manufacturers that charge ridiculous prices for the same results- ie; "ParkTool" .. ripping off cyclists since day one

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
walkingtall76 wrote:
ObviousAlias wrote:

RIDGID 29963 Model 35S

Pipe cutter, pretty regular at any hardware store. Most bike work can be done using common tools- try and stay away from bike manufacturers that charge ridiculous prices for the same results.

Exactly.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
ObviousAlias wrote:

RIDGID 29963 Model 35S

Love the pipe cutter method for cutting down bars. A hacksaw can also be used with great results if you're careful and use two ends of an old set of clamp on grips work wonders as a guide for the saw.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/BIKEHACKS-DIY-Hacksaw-Guide,920

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004840
Mobile Version of Website