Jim Thorpe trails

PB Forum :: USA - East
Jim Thorpe trails
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
Howdy! Along with the rest of my small local crew, been thinking about making another push to keep our best trails in shape. Everyone (except maybe the young bucks) knows our history here. Lots of challenging raw terrain with a nod to adventure riding. Most people who have ridden here have experienced our more publicly known trails (American Standard, Deer Path, etc). Few know the extent of what’s out there in addition to these. We’ve got some great technical singletrack and expert only descents, and it’s always a battle to keep them maintained.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge local, and maybe even regional, interest in our trails. Good things are happening in town regarding food, beer, music, coffee. We have some new County Commisioners as well. Our trails are as good as ever. We still lack the cycling hub that is needed. Anybody who wants to take a tour and/or help keep them running smoothly please chime in!

I’ll be interested to see if this gets a response...

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
Tatanka29 wrote:
Howdy! Along with the rest of my small local crew, been thinking about making another push to keep our best trails in shape. Everyone (except maybe the young bucks) knows our history here. Lots of challenging raw terrain with a nod to adventure riding. Most people who have ridden here have experienced our more publicly known trails (American Standard, Deer Path, etc). Few know the extent of what’s out there in addition to these. We’ve got some great technical singletrack and expert only descents, and it’s always a battle to keep them maintained.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge local, and maybe even regional, interest in our trails. Good things are happening in town regarding food, beer, music, coffee. We have some new County Commisioners as well. Our trails are as good as ever. We still lack the cycling hub that is needed. Anybody who wants to take a tour and/or help keep them running smoothly please chime in!

I’ll be interested to see if this gets a response...

Maybe paving 209 in Carbon and Monroe counties would be a good start to tourism.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 7:23 Quote
I'm from almost 2 hours south of Jim Thorpe. I ride at Blue a fair amount in the summer. If you were organizing trail work on a certain weekend I would definitely come up and help. I would also be down for a tour of the trails. I haven't done any riding in the area other than at Blue. I usually just ride at Blue and then go through Jim Thorpe to paddle the Lehigh.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
spoo wrote:
I'm from almost 2 hours south of Jim Thorpe. I ride at Blue a fair amount in the summer. If you were organizing trail work on a certain weekend I would definitely come up and help. I would also be down for a tour of the trails. I haven't done any riding in the area other than at Blue. I usually just ride at Blue and then go through Jim Thorpe to paddle the Lehigh.

Yes to both! We'll schedule a workday soon and I'll post it here. I've been riding all "winter" this year... trails are in great shape!

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 8:51 Quote
I am up in the Wilkes Barre area and would definitely be willing to help clean up some trails. I am always lookin for different local trails to ride with more of a downhill style. Not familiar with the trails in Jim Thorpe really so I would definitely help clean up and do some riding.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010042
Mobile Version of Website