Brand new tires, cant get seated

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Brand new tires, cant get seated
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
I am going tubeless and purchased a new dhr2 and dhf to put on my tubeless rim. I'm using a floor pump.and couldn't get the tire to budge. I tried the inner tube trick and no matter how much psi I put in the tube the tire still doesnt seat (I was pissed and kept pumping until I heard a snap and popped the tube.) What can I do? I have all the soapy water and no idea. I was thinking of getting cushcore and was thinking that may be an easier way to seat it (I dont have an issue installing cushcore). Any help is greatly appreciated

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 23:14 Quote
M3doty wrote:
I am going tubeless and purchased a new dhr2 and dhf to put on my tubeless rim. I'm using a floor pump.and couldn't get the tire to budge. I tried the inner tube trick and no matter how much psi I put in the tube the tire still doesnt seat (I was pissed and kept pumping until I heard a snap and popped the tube.) What can I do? I have all the soapy water and no idea. I was thinking of getting cushcore and was thinking that may be an easier way to seat it (I dont have an issue installing cushcore). Any help is greatly appreciated

What rims are you using?
Is your tubeless tabe installed correctly? Post a picture of installed tape

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 23:40 Quote
onyxss wrote:

What rims are you using?
Is your tubeless tabe installed correctly? Post a picture of installed tape

I have the syncros wheels that came on my 2016 Scott Voltage fr710. The tape is definatly installed properly, but I wont be able to take a photo of it until the morning.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 5:06 Quote
Use a compressor with an appropriately sized tank and use the air blower attachment, pull the valve core and blast air into the tire through the empty valve. This method, combined with soapy water when necessary, has never failed.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Use a compressor with an appropriately sized tank and use the air blower attachment, pull the valve core and blast air into the tire through the empty valve. This method, combined with soapy water when necessary, has never failed.
Won't help probably because if he cannot get seated with inner tube, compressor won't help. For sure he can try Big Grin

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
If the rim is not tubeless ready you may never hear that pop-pop. use some sealant on one bead, air it up with tube. Let that cure. then you only have to re-seat one side tubeless. Air compressor is gonna be your friend. I have to do this on my son's old 24" DH bike. I'm not going to buy 24" tubeless rims when he'l just outgrow it for 2021.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004526
Mobile Version of Website