Realtree Graphics

Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 6:42 Quote
I was wondering what people's opinions are on putting Realtree graphics on the logo and lettering of the 2020 Kona Process 134 27.5. Would the camo go well on top of the grey frame? Also, would blaze orange accents (grips, pedals, hubs, valves, etc.) help dopify the bike. And if this isn't to much to ask, if someone has the time, could you Photoshop it cause I can't quite put it together in my head. Thanks!

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
I think you'd want to go with a grayscale camo instead of green, but it would be cool. Furthermore, I intend to use "dopify" as a verb from now on.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 15:52 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
I think you'd want to go with a grayscale camo instead of green, but it would be cool. Furthermore, I intend to use "dopify" as a verb from now on.

dopify
/dōpəˌfī/

verb
1. informal
to make something more dope

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
Also, there's the Free photoshop thread that is a bit more active for requesting photoshops. Be sure to actually post a picture of your bike as well as a RealTree template to make it easier for the photoshoppers

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=138288&pagenum=669

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 10:55 Quote
The only thing better than a 2020 Process 134 is possibly a Realtree Kona Process 134!
I love Realtree, where is it possible to find Realtree camo vinyls?

And yes, Realtree + blaze orange for the contact points would be perfect! I’d love to see the results of that!

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 11:22 Quote
You can buy Realtree vinyl and other similar designs on ebay, aliexpress, amazon and from Realtree directly. then just use a vinyl cutter to cut it out.

they usually are offered in different grades, with different adhesives. For MTB stickers, I find the craft or sign grade vinyl works best. The automotive wrap quality vinyl (in my experience) is harder to install as a cut decal, as it heat and pressure to adhere properly.. Its also less durable as its designed to be easily removed.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
Update: I've decided to wrap the frame in matte blaze orange and the decals, lettering, and logos in camo or Realtree. Does anyone know how that could be done on your own? Would it be really tricky to get the graphics and stuff in the same place as the OEM paint job? Also, is frame protection a good idea? Thanks for all the feedback!

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 10:00 Quote
Vinyl wrap is super easy to apply on your own. You could easily apply clear vinyl over the wrap if you want extra protection.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
When I had my Honzo last year I googled like crazy to find an identical modern KONA-logo, couldn’t find anything. But if you first wrap the bike in one color and then buy random Kona decals I guess U could use them as templates.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Update: I've decided to wrap the frame in matte blaze orange and the decals, lettering, and logos in camo or Realtree. Does anyone know how that could be done on your own? Would it be really tricky to get the graphics and stuff in the same place as the OEM paint job? Also, is frame protection a good idea? Thanks for all the feedback!

TBH I think the inverse would look better. Obviously that's just my opinion and you should do whatever you prefer, but consider this:

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
yonsson wrote:
When I had my Honzo last year I googled like crazy to find an identical modern KONA-logo, couldn’t find anything. But if you first wrap the bike in one color and then buy random Kona decals I guess U could use them as templates.

Vinyl cutters are readily available for home use, and most come with simple software that will convert an image into a cutting path for the cutter.... these cutters are very popular among the crafty / scrapbooking/ quilting crowd , as they cut a variety of material.

Sign and graphic shops can also take image and turn it into a vinyl decal for you. But there are often higher costs associated with them doing the work.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 15:42 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:

TBH I think the inverse would look better. Obviously that's just my opinion and you should do whatever you prefer, but consider this:

Fair point. The camo over the whole frame does look better and accents would be easier to come by than an orange frame. I will definitely consider this along with the clear vinyl trick for frame protection.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
I'd also advise you to look into hydrodipping your frame. It could potentially end up looking better and more like an actual paint job, while also taking less time to do (someone I know had a wrap shop wrap their road frame and fork and it took the professional 18 hours, wrapping a mountain bike especially with moving suspension components will most likely take longer). For frame protection on top of this you could still do the clear vinyl or something like RideWrap

The big downside to this is that it cannot be removed, unlike a wrap so be 100% sure you'll not want to go back. If you don't like it you could still sand it down and repaint, but you won't be able to have the factory paint job after this

EDIT: here is a bike that was hydrodipped with RealTree and had orange decals applied

And here is the website where I found it if you want to see more of it

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
If I do this on my own, how much time should I give myself? I'm a busy student but have all weekend to do stuff. Would that be enough? I also have no wrapping skills other than poorly wrapping my brothers Nerf toys for Christmas. All I'm trying to say is, could a clueless person wrap a frame in a weekend?

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
Vinyl wrap is pretty easy. Loads of online tutorials. The trick is the lay down small bits in the really complex areas first ( places there are likely to be seams).

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006336
Mobile Version of Website