Scott Contessa Spark 930 instead of Scott Spark 960?

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Scott Contessa Spark 930 instead of Scott Spark 960?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 17:02 Quote
I’m a 6 ‘ tall male rider who was originally looking for a large size 2019 Scott Spark 960. I seen them listed on sale online for a really good price. So I went to my local dealer and they looked in to getting me one but couldn’t get my size. They then offered me a sweet deal on a large 2019 Scott Contessa Spark 930 which is actually a woman’s bike. They told me they were the exact same bike but just different colour. I compared the specs and they seem to be the same. Am I missing something? Are they really the same bike just different colour?

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
mojo48 wrote:
I’m a 6 ‘ tall male rider who was originally looking for a large size 2019 Scott Spark 960. I seen them listed on sale online for a really good price. So I went to my local dealer and they looked in to getting me one but couldn’t get my size. They then offered me a sweet deal on a large 2019 Scott Contessa Spark 930 which is actually a woman’s bike. They told me they were the exact same bike but just different colour. I compared the specs and they seem to be the same. Am I missing something? Are they really the same bike just different colour?

I have a Spark and it is a really good bike. It's fun and playful. I would recommend sticking with the spark, as the Contessa may have Women's specific geo and it may be a little weird riding it. I haven't really touched a contessa though, so I cannot speak for the Contessa. The specs do seem pretty similar though. Actually they seem to be the exact same.

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 16:17 Quote
5'7 male on a medium 2019 Contessa Genius. Frame geo is identical to the men's version. Spec is slightly different but IMO better - 170 cranks and 40mm stem. Fork, dropper etc are the same. Only change I made is wider bars.

The primary difference is a lighter tune on the shock, but I'm fairly light anyway so it works well for me, but you can always add spacers if needed.

Contessa is a nice loophole to get essentially the same bike at a heavy discount. I saved over $1000 AUD just for buying a "girl's bike". Plus got a much nicer paint design!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004572
Mobile Version of Website