DVO Suspension

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 5:17 Quote
Hi there I’m interested in both the DVO Jade and DVO topaz rear shocks. I found a topaz 2 cheap but heard that it’s made for giant frame linkages. I have a Kona process 153 2018. Would this work okay or would it be completely wrong tune? Also what are people’s opinions on dvo jade vs topaz.

Thanks

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 8:44 Quote
I don’t hold high opinions of DVO suspension. The build quality isn’t good and the finishing on most of their parts leaves a lot to be desired.

People love to hate on Fox and RockShox because they’re the big guys in the suspension world but there’s definitely a reason for that.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 19:04 Quote
cjkj1999 wrote:
I don’t hold high opinions of DVO suspension. The build quality isn’t good and the finishing on most of their parts leaves a lot to be desired.

People love to hate on Fox and RockShox because they’re the big guys in the suspension world but there’s definitely a reason for that.

I have a topaz t3 and it is really really good. The build quality is clearly above most others. I absolutely love it. It’s on my Marin rift zone

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 22:39 Quote
Hmm, conflicting opinions!

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 1:18 Quote
Frank191 wrote:
cjkj1999 wrote:

I have a topaz t3 and it is really really good. The build quality is clearly above most others. I absolutely love it. It’s on my Marin rift zone

Same here on my YT jeffsy. Loving it.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
Dvo are great and have the best customer service.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
I have a Diamond and Jade on my Evil, a Topaz on my Trance 29 (and one on my 2016 Trance that I traded in), and will soon have a Sapphire 34 on the Trance 29. They've all run great and DVO's support is awesome.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
Worth seeing another thread in this section about the fact that 2.4 Trail Kings don't fit 29er DVO forks. I've only heard positive things otherwise

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 21:52 Quote
PManess wrote:
Worth seeing another thread in this section about the fact that 2.4 Trail Kings don't fit 29er DVO forks. I've only heard positive things otherwise

Non-boost had clearance issues. I have tons of room for my 2.6” DHF on a 30mm internal width rim.

cjkj1999- after many years as a bike mechanic, I can tell you that DVO’s quality is at least as good as anything I’ve seen, and better than most.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005143
Mobile Version of Website