Rev Grips Suspension Grips

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Rev Grips Suspension Grips
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
Anybody use these? Worth it? I feel like they are a gimmick because I don’t see much out there for reviews. Arthritis sucks. I don’t want to cringe in pain halfway through every ride this year. I’d love to hear some unbiased feedback on them.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 18:00 Quote
I bought some last year. I like them; my hands seem to get a little less sore and they seem to help you move around on the bike a little better since they have some movement in them. I think they are still a bit expensive for what you get out of them. They do allow you to send them back if you don't like them though.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
Matt7082 wrote:
Anybody use these? Worth it? I feel like they are a gimmick because I don’t see much out there for reviews. Arthritis sucks. I don’t want to cringe in pain halfway through every ride this year. I’d love to hear some unbiased feedback on them.

There's a number of reviews on them from pretty major reviewers, i was just looking at some myself

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
mrfrench2013 wrote:
I bought some last year. I like them; my hands seem to get a little less sore and they seem to help you move around on the bike a little better since they have some movement in them. I think they are still a bit expensive for what you get out of them. They do allow you to send them back if you don't like them though.

Good to hear. In your opinion, was it worth the investment? Would you buy them again? Do you notice a substantial difference in hand and arm pump/fatigue? Less pain in your hands at the end of the day?

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
Rev is absolutely right about one thing: controlled shear motion (twisting) is necessary for comfort. The argument against Rev is that you can get the same thing from certain push-on grips for a fraction of the price and the push-on grips have much thicker rubber, which adds radial compliance (the ability so compress into the the grip). I get similar benefits from Oury grips, especially once they've been softened from a season of use.

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 15:50 Quote
Matt7082 wrote:
Good to hear. In your opinion, was it worth the investment? Would you buy them again? Do you notice a substantial difference in hand and arm pump/fatigue? Less pain in your hands at the end of the day?

Im on the fence, Id consider buying them again if I got another bike. Realistically I think its highly subjective product, it may benefit some people more than others based on their fitness level, issues such as yours, or weather or not there riding a full on DH bike vs a hardtail.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 21:58 Quote
I’ve used them for 2 full seasons now on 2 bikes (1 park and 1 trail) and I like them. However, if your handlebars are extremely stiff, they may not make a huge difference. I’ve had great results using them on the Deity Skyline 31.8 bars (alloy & compliant)

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 4:23 Quote
I had great luck with the ritchey wcs true grips. I thought more padding sounded like a good thing and i was looking around for some foam grips and they are so cheap you can just see if they are for you. I didn't believe how much of a difference it made for me. Had days with 2300m of descending in one go and didn't feel arm pump.

The durability is rather poor tho and you have to use some spray adhesive or something to keep them from twisting and moving!

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 4:43 Quote
Matt7082 wrote:
mrfrench2013 wrote:
I bought some last year. I like them; my hands seem to get a little less sore and they seem to help you move around on the bike a little better since they have some movement in them. I think they are still a bit expensive for what you get out of them. They do allow you to send them back if you don't like them though.

Good to hear. In your opinion, was it worth the investment? Would you buy them again? Do you notice a substantial difference in hand and arm pump/fatigue? Less pain in your hands at the end of the day?

personlly i believe that they are worth the investment. ive ridden them 2 a month on my dh bike on uplift parks for a year and a bit and theyve really helped reduce arm fatigue on dh tracks no end for me plus after a year of dh use and crashes theve held up well the grip its self has some wear and nicks in it now but apart from some scrathes in the lockrings they look great still work fantastically and when they do need replacing anouther couple months for me the grip body is the same price as my previous grips (dmr deathgrips) which lasted less time. so yes i think there worth the investment and reduced hand pump and arm fatigue for me so id definaatly buy them again.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 9:51 Quote
Yep love mine helped with arm pump and wrist pain, also got vibrocore bars which also help

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004877
Mobile Version of Website