Trek Remedy 26"

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
Hi, I want to start biking again after a long period of inactivity. A lot has changed and I stil have a Trek Remedy 7 from 2013. Want to spent some cash on it but is it stil worth upgrading that 26" bike...

I was thinking to put on a dropper post, new brakes, a 1X drivetrain, ... around $1000.

Or should I look for a new bike... that wil cost me a lot more.

What do you guys think? Thanks !

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
tmggbr wrote:
Hi, I want to start biking again after a long period of inactivity. A lot has changed and I stil have a Trek Remedy 7 from 2013. Want to spent some cash on it but is it stil worth upgrading that 26" bike...

I was thinking to put on a dropper post, new brakes, a 1X drivetrain, ... around $1000.

Definitely worth an upgrade if you're just getting back into the sport, those upgrades are bang on man.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
tmggbr wrote:

I wouldn't spend that much money on a bike that's only going to get older. Yes you should get a dropper post. Id just convert your existing drivetrain to 1x by putting a narrow wide chainring on the front and maybe a wider cassette in the rear. Also with brakes if they aren't stopping good enough, try getting new pads and maybe bigger rotors first. I wouldn't spend $1000 on a bike like this when for $1200-1500 you could get a nicer, more modern trail/enduro bike used

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
get a cheap sunrace 10 speed 10-42 cassette with a new 30 tooth chainring+new chain to convert your bike to 1x speed.
Buy a pair of slx or xt brakes brakes, get a nice and cheap dropper post, service your bike you're ready to go for less than 500 euro.

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
$1k + the sale of your current bike could get you into the modern age albeit used. Figure you get 6-700+ in addition to the thousand you're ready to spend you could get a better bike with the parts you want potentially.

I went from a really nicely built 2012 Ibis mojo HD to a low spec '15 Kona process 153 frame and fork I built up. Nothing crazy build wise, 11 speed xt & brakes. Debonair shaft up front. Ibis was sold, didn't ride nearly as well even though the parts were better. I really wanted it to, parts & suspension were great. Anglesey ti Coil front and rear 170/160. Still not nearly as fun & capable. Newer geometry rocks, get some!

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
My vote would be don’t spend much on that bike, and find a good deal on a slightly used bike that you want. I kept my 1999 3x9 26” bike like I got it, and found the exact bike I wanted on PB BuySell. It was 2 years old, in great shape, and less than 1/2 the original price. I still ride the 1999 bike too, and it is nice to have two.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005508
Mobile Version of Website