Looking for feedback on the adidas trailcross pro mid

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Looking for feedback on the adidas trailcross pro mid
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
I've always been a fan of mid cut shoes for biking and hiking. These caught my eye since they are lighter and more breathable than the Impact mids. They look like they could be a great desert and gravity shoe, as long as the build is stiff and durable enough.

Has anyone tried these out yet?

I am curious overall stiffness, midsole stiffness, breathability, and ankle support.

Thanks in advance

https://www.adidasoutdoor.com/five-ten-trailcross-mid-pro-men's-mountain-bike-shoe/EF3010.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAkKnyBRDwARIsALtxe7iNCoN1uFTHpZP-rJqhuBbqesit0cV3wXBrShZficMoT_2mxvQQUVwaAruYEALw_wcB

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
I'm currently waiting for a pair to be delivered. I also have a pair of OWN FR-01 mtb shoes and the design seems VERY similar, obviously the FiveTens don't include a different liner sock but other than that they're made from the same materials. Hopefully the sizing is a little easier to get right as my OWN boots were a little tight so I haven't actually worn them that much even though for sort periods they were extremely comfortable and they may have stretched a little (?) if worn for longer.

I'll give you an update and try to compare them directly when I have both in hand.

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 15:20 Quote
So, I've worn the TrailCross boots a few times now and they're good quality but narrower than normal FiveTens. They seem pretty hard wearing on and off the bike, I've had no problems if I've had to jump off and scramble up loose rock, so they grip well so far.
Most of the rides have involved rain and inevitable muddy, boggy ground and I can't say they really kept the water out, but I usually wear SealSkinz socks so apart from cold feet and a slight squeak when walking after a number of hours riding (because there is a plastic liner beneath the insole) they have actually been pretty comfortable.
I'd say they would make a good shoe to wear as the weather goes more towards summer in the UK, or with a thicker sock if it's cold.
They do dry extremely quick and are really easy to clean, I will probably try a waterproofing spray to see if it makes any difference to the waterproofing level of them.

They're not actually very similar to the OWN shoes, apart from the outer material. I'd say these are a little more comfortable and definitely a better fit (they squeak less than the OWN shoes too)

Posted: Mar 20, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
Thanks for the review!

I've been looking for a shoe that would provide more ankle support and wear well in the hot summers here in the desert, but not take on muddy bog riding duties.

It sounds like they could be a good fit for ke

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004955
Mobile Version of Website