Chilliwack

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Chilliwack
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
I'm thinking of doing a road trip in late April or early May around the lower mainland. I heard good things about the riding around Chilliwack. How many days would be good to spend there? I know the weather is tough to predict, but generally would everything be clear of snow around that time? Would it be better to go a towards the end of May instead?

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 18:02 Quote
There won't be any snow on the bike trails around Chilliwack in late April, early May as there is almost none right now. The only snow you will find in the spring will be on alpine hiking trails.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
Vedder can be muddy into May, I remember riding Black Forest Ham on May long weekend a few years ago and it was greasy as hell, the bike trails are mostly northern exposure so not much sun in spring... but yeah zero snow for sure. There's other riding in the area besides Vedder you can see on Trailforks.

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like a lot of great areas to ride in the Frasier Valley, any suggestions on where to stay? I was originally thinking Chilliwack would make a good home base for a week.

Posted: Mar 11, 2020 at 15:46 Quote
The Fraser Valley has great riding. You could easily spend four or five days riding here and constantly ride something new. Vedder and Tamihi in Chilliwack are super fun and easy to negotiate. In abbotsford you have Ledgeview and Sumas Mountain. Sumas Mountain is a personal favorite and should not be missed. Lots of old school natural tech. Head across the river into Mission and you have Bear Mountain, Red Mountain and the Woodlot. All are rad too.

If you're spending a bit of time maybe bring your passport and drive down to Galbraith in Bellingham. It's pretty epic as well.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005211
Mobile Version of Website