Moab in end of June for family-looking for advice

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Moab in end of June for family-looking for advice
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
Hi,

We are off to Moab end of June, me and my buddy are taking our kids (1 x 10yo and 2x 8yo's) we know its gonna be hot so we are hoping to spend 4 days enjoying moab. The plan is to spend the mornings on the mountain bikes before the heat hits and the spend the afternoons by some sort of water, swimming. The kids would be Novice riders and we are intermediate.

Can someone recommend some good rides that will give us a good start for our first trip to Moab?

thanks,

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
I took my wife and son there in early June a few years ago. It’s hot by noon. My son was 13 and the wife was a noob and we all enjoyed the Brand trails. The Ez-Lazy loop is good start, fairly close to trailhead. I know there’s other hot weather riding areas. Stop by any of the bike shops for advice. I suggest Chili Pepper or Double Down bike shops. Also there’s a skills park across the street from the hospital. Hope that helps.

Posted: Mar 11, 2020 at 22:36 Quote
The horsethief area is nice and you can jaunt over to dead horse point state park which also has biking and a wonderful view. A lot of cool site seeing in that area too if you have a vehicle that has a little bit of clearance. Klondike Bluffs just outside of moab has some easy trails and decent views too.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004735
Mobile Version of Website