Bike Hack | How to Save 40% off MSRP

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Bike Hack | How to Save 40% off MSRP
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 22:05 Quote
So I was looking to buy a new 2020 enduro bike but I wasn't about to spend upwards of $7,000 for a solid bike. Some Pinkbike research later and I came across suppliers in China where I was able to buy factory direct. Total build price $4,200.

Check out the photos and links below for more info. Ask any questions and I'll be happy to share my experience as this bike absolutely slays!!!

www.crownperformance.bike

Bike Check - 2020 Crown Stealth CL 29er
Crown Downtube
Cockpit
Sram Drivetrain Fox DHX2 Coil
Fox 36 Factory Kashima 160mm

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 22:50 Quote
yea, i live in china during some times of the year. Rockshox and shimano components are really cheap MSRP. All real stuff with warranty provided. I guess something to do with taiwan being close to china? or maybe tax laws. The lyrik ultimate goes about 850 CAD.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
BillyBoy0519 wrote:
yea, i live in china during some times of the year. Rockshox and shimano components are really cheap MSRP. All real stuff with warranty provided. I guess something to do with taiwan being close to china? or maybe tax laws. The lyrik ultimate goes about 850 CAD.

Are you sure they are really made of the same materials. A friend of mine bought a set of Calloway golf clubs in China 10 years ago. Even though they look legit. 3 months later, his irons started to rust. My Ping I2s from the 1970s still look new.

I did buy a Chinese NW chainring 3 years ago for $15 and it still looks and works great.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 17:25 Quote
DonLopez wrote:
BillyBoy0519 wrote:

Are you sure they are really made of the same materials. A friend of mine bought a set of Calloway golf clubs in China 10 years ago. Even though they look legit. 3 months later, his irons started to rust. My Ping I2s from the 1970s still look new.

I did buy a Chinese NW chainring 3 years ago for $15 and it still looks and works great.

Yeah, they are made of the same materials, but you gotta buy from the licensed distributor. still very cheap. bike builds are usually more expensive than a full bike, but because of the cheaper mtb parts, 90% of chinese mtb riders build their bikes.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 6:12 Quote
[Quote="DonLopez"]
BillyBoy0519 wrote:
My Ping I2s from the 1970s still look new.
t.

The fact remains, the ONLY way to have fun on a golf course is to ride across at about 4am and randomly toss marshmallows onto the greens.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
[Quote="RoadStain"]
DonLopez wrote:
BillyBoy0519 wrote:
My Ping I2s from the 1970s still look new.
t.

The fact remains, the ONLY way to have fun on a golf course is to ride across at about 4am and randomly toss marshmallows onto the greens.

I think you underestimate the joys of drinking beer in the sunshine and getting so drunk you use your irons to try and dig your way to China.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
But, the early AM golfters love the marshmallows ALMOST as much as Johnny Knoxville with an airhorn on the course. Almost.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006355
Mobile Version of Website