What position do you ride the slayer 4 ride?

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
What position do you ride the slayer 4 ride?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
Hi,

I'm getting a 2018 slayer and wanted to ask what ppl setup up the 4 ride position as?
I like descending more but live in Arizona where there is still lots of climbing.
Thx I advance!

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 18:11 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting a 2018 slayer and wanted to ask what ppl setup up the 4 ride position as?
I like descending more but live in Arizona where there is still lots of climbing.
Thx I advance!

A lot of reviews say it's a crazy descender in the slackest setting but is more lively in the steepest setting. You could always just keep it in setting 1 for climbing then quickly switch it to 4 for your way down? It literally takes a minute to switch it around

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
I just got a 2020 last night. It came set in "Neutral" position 3 I think? I've only sat on the bike, etc... have not rode it yet, but looking over the front end it already looks pretty slack in this position! I can't wait to ride it... Seems like a lot of people ignored it after the video of the axle breaking, that's a shame... it's a wicked bike.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
monts wrote:
I just got a 2020 last night. It came set in "Neutral" position 3 I think? I've only sat on the bike, etc... have not rode it yet, but looking over the front end it already looks pretty slack in this position! I can't wait to ride it... Seems like a lot of people ignored it after the video of the axle breaking, that's a shame... it's a wicked bike.

Cool, I have quite of bit of climbing in AZ and I left it in the slackess and it seemed fine.

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
monts wrote:

Cool, I have quite of bit of climbing in AZ and I left it in the slackess and it seemed fine.

That's awesome... I think the 2018 has a little less travel than my 2020, but just based on pedaling around briefly it seems to pedal fine!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004634
Mobile Version of Website