New Rocky mountain or used Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
New Rocky mountain or used Santa Cruz
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
Sorry for the dup thread from 29er forum. This is the better spot and I'll delete the other.

Hi. I could use some advice.
New Rocky Mountain Instinct A50 BC or used 2016 Santa Cruz Hightower S build.
$2300 for the RM and $1800 for the Hightower.

I ride XC trails and want to use on downhill trails at local ski areas on occasion.
I'm a heavier rider (225lbs) and mash the pedals.

Save money on an older higher end bike? The Hightower is local and is great shape. I checked it would yesterday.

Thanks for the advice!

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 17:27 Quote
I would probably go used SC, less money overall and the HT did not change from 2016 to 2019, much at all. I had a 2019 for a short time. Would have kept it if my son would have ridden more, and I did not have a HTLT already. Running a 150 up front makes it a bit more fun.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 18:40 Quote
Thanks.
Pulled the trigger on the SC. Not a scratch on the frame. Cant wait to ride it.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
That honestly sounds like a really good price. I have not seen a carbon SC of that gen for that money. Most want near that for just a frame.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 22:23 Quote
paulyjsob wrote:
Sorry for the dup thread from 29er forum. This is the better spot and I'll delete the other.

Hi. I could use some advice.
New Rocky Mountain Instinct A50 BC or used 2016 Santa Cruz Hightower S build.
$2300 for the RM and $1800 for the Hightower.

I ride XC trails and want to use on downhill trails at local ski areas on occasion.
I'm a heavier rider (225lbs) and mash the pedals.

Save money on an older higher end bike? The Hightower is local and is great shape. I checked it would yesterday.

Thanks for the advice!

the Rocky is the better deal. Is New with full warranty and by the way the better bike :-)
A used Carbon from 2016 you never know the conditions of the frame? it's not covered by warranty and a risk.

For trails and locals the Rocky is a great bike and for heavy bikers in alloy the better one.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005674
Mobile Version of Website