MSRP question, Bicyclebluebook

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
MSRP question, Bicyclebluebook
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
I am using Bicyclebluebook to get relative values of bikes while I look for a used trail bike.
I'm investigating a Specialized Stumpjumper, and I can't explain why there are two listings for the same bike with significantly different MSRP's.

2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 29er
https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/value-guide/product/3044917/
has an MSRP of $6,200

2013 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR Carbon 29
https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/value-guide/product/3047392/
has an MSRP of $4,200

Is there any rationale why these would be different (aside from an typo error)
Any way to find the MSRP

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
Since value guides are just somebody's opinion, you don't have to agree. I'd say the value of that bike is $6,200 if you are selling, $4,200 if you are buying. Big Grin

FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 19:08 Quote
While not a direct answer to your question, the bicycle blue book uses an algorithm to generate a number. It has no basis in reality otherwise people would be able to sell their used cannondales for more than a twelve pack and some gym socks. If you want a close-ish value look at sold items on eBay. This will give you a ballpark for real money people will pay for a bike. As for why the msrps are different I would say that ine frame is the s-works version. Specialized think a lot of their s-works stuff and price it accordingly. Absent real information just assume that their data entry was poorly done (garbage in, garbage out).

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 20:16 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Absent real information just assume that their data entry was poorly done (garbage in, garbage out).

Found the guy who works with data. I use this saying about every day at work. Ha

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
I would simply not rely on the bluebook. Bikes are 40% utilitarian and 60% hype (including pro worship). Specialized are way worse because their design dept is not even 20% as good as their marketing department.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 8:05 Quote
Bicyclebluebook seems only slightly less useful then Kelly Blue Book...

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 8:25 Quote
I dont know If I have ever seen the bicycle blue book value translate into reality.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
I dont know If I have ever seen the bicycle blue book value translate into reality.

You need to talk to the goatee hipster at the shop (if you can get past the BO and pot smell)....he will start to proclaim the added value of the "soul" of a given (fixed gear with ultra narrow handlebars)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008334
Mobile Version of Website