Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Author Message
Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 18:08 Quote
I’m planning to move to a Carbon crank but a little confused with the crank specs....

So i should look for a 55mm chainline crank? They will fit like my current GX, same spacer setup?

The 55mm chainline is the “proprietary” size that someone pointed out earlier in the thread?

Posted: Jan 23, 2021 at 3:44 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Toninhohr wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

..... FC-GX-1-C1 for the crank.

is there an part no. for 55mm variant?
BB seems correct.

Tnx

Offset (chain line) between these SRAM models is controlled by spacers between the BB and crank. e.g. "MTB wide" is a 7.5mm spacer on the drive side.

No, by diffrent chainring offsets on Standart Sram Cranks:
-6mm Offset = Non Boost CL 49mm
-3mm Offset = Boost CL 52mm
-0mm Offset = Boost CL 55mm
Or by diffrent cranks:
-Standart Crank (non Boost/Boost)
-Boost CL 55 Crank
-Super Boost Crank (CL 56.5)

the spacers are for adapting the different lengths of the crank axles to the bottom bracket.

Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 22:02 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
felix571 wrote:
I just installed the MRP Bash Guide. I had to use all the included spacer discs to make it possible.
Now it is running fine.

The bad thing is - since the installation (no idea why) the bike is creaking like shit.
Especially when I load the drive train and hit the pedals.

Any suggestions?

Did you remove the cranks to install the bash guard?

Yes I had to. But I used this oppurtunity to grease the bolt of the cranks which goes through the BB very well.
Thats why I am wondering now.

Is it possible that the Cranks start creaking if they are not fastened enough?

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
felix571 wrote:
Dedward2 wrote:
felix571 wrote:
I just installed the MRP Bash Guide. I had to use all the included spacer discs to make it possible.
Now it is running fine.

The bad thing is - since the installation (no idea why) the bike is creaking like shit.
Especially when I load the drive train and hit the pedals.

Any suggestions?

Did you remove the cranks to install the bash guard?

Yes I had to. But I used this oppurtunity to grease the bolt of the cranks which goes through the BB very well.
Thats why I am wondering now.

Is it possible that the Cranks start creaking if they are not fastened enough?

Uh, yes.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 15:37 Quote
Does anyone by chance know the pantone color code for the 2021 Slash 9.8? I have the Lithium Grey with the red/maroon accents and Im trying to find the pantone color for the red.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
robbie92835 wrote:
Does anyone by chance know the pantone color code for the 2021 Slash 9.8? I have the Lithium Grey with the red/maroon accents and Im trying to find the pantone color for the red.

Mitch has been responding to this thread of you want to try reaching out.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/paintmatch-for-trek-colors.1147045/

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
robbie92835 wrote:
Does anyone by chance know the pantone color code for the 2021 Slash 9.8? I have the Lithium Grey with the red/maroon accents and Im trying to find the pantone color for the red.

Mitch has been responding to this thread of you want to try reaching out.

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/paintmatch-for-trek-colors.1147045/

Yeah I saw that after I already had called Trek. haha. Their customer service is incredible and they were super helpful. So I have the Lithium Grey/Red colored 9.8, but the site doesnt call out what the red color is called, it just says Lithium Grey. I am pretty sure the red is their Cobra Blood color, but she said she was going to reach out to the global customer service to try and verify it for me.

In the meantime, in case anyone is wondering, the colors codes for those two colors are:

Lithium Grey - PMS447C
Cobra Blood - PMS7631

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
robbie92835 wrote:
Does anyone by chance know the pantone color code for the 2021 Slash 9.8? I have the Lithium Grey with the red/maroon accents and Im trying to find the pantone color for the red.

I got you here too.

PMS 447C for Lithium Grey

However, for the red, it isn't a paint code I can give you since it is a smoke color over top of the raw carbon. If anything, it is somewhat of a Crimson which is PMS 200C.

-Mitch

*Edit, crap, you beat my message by 2 mins. Cobra Blood looks like it, but since it is a smoke, I would lean towards Crimson since it is a light covering. The black carbon underneath would darken it to close to Cobra Blood. It would be very challenging to touch this up IMO. I already scratched my logo on my 9.9 too.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
felix571 wrote:
Dedward2 wrote:


Did you remove the cranks to install the bash guard?

Yes I had to. But I used this oppurtunity to grease the bolt of the cranks which goes through the BB very well.
Thats why I am wondering now.

Is it possible that the Cranks start creaking if they are not fastened enough?

Uh, yes.

are you sure that creaking sound is from the cranks and not the chain guide? couldnt be the chain slighty rubbing on chain guide, asking that because ive had that issue too because the chain wasnt properly in the center of the chain guide like it should even with all the washers/spacers.
I end up going to a hardware store and get same size washers, e solved the problem.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 22:08 Quote
dksousa wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
felix571 wrote:


Yes I had to. But I used this oppurtunity to grease the bolt of the cranks which goes through the BB very well.
Thats why I am wondering now.

Is it possible that the Cranks start creaking if they are not fastened enough?

Uh, yes.

are you sure that creaking sound is from the cranks and not the chain guide? couldnt be the chain slighty rubbing on chain guide, asking that because ive had that issue too because the chain wasnt properly in the center of the chain guide like it should even with all the washers/spacers.
I end up going to a hardware store and get same size washers, e solved the problem.

It´s not a rubbing sound - sounds more like the normal creaking I know from the actice breaking pivot..
I am wondering, because it started after installing the bash guide. I will try to tighten the cranks and hopefully it will stop.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 22:37 Quote
trek wrote:
robbie92835 wrote:
Does anyone by chance know the pantone color code for the 2021 Slash 9.8? I have the Lithium Grey with the red/maroon accents and Im trying to find the pantone color for the red.

I got you here too.

PMS 447C for Lithium Grey

However, for the red, it isn't a paint code I can give you since it is a smoke color over top of the raw carbon. If anything, it is somewhat of a Crimson which is PMS 200C.

-Mitch

*Edit, crap, you beat my message by 2 mins. Cobra Blood looks like it, but since it is a smoke, I would lean towards Crimson since it is a light covering. The black carbon underneath would darken it to close to Cobra Blood. It would be very challenging to touch this up IMO. I already scratched my logo on my 9.9 too.

Thanks for the info! I worked with the guy who’s making my stickers and I think we started with Cobra Blood and darkened it a bit so we should be there but I’m gonna look into the crimson color too! Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 1:38 Quote
I didn't see any Orange Slash in the post, so I show mine.


I' ve change my brakes for SLX
Front tire for Minnion DHRII
Handelbar for Rethal
And saddle for WTB

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 2:28 Quote

My 9.9 finally arrived this week after a 3 month wait.
It's an absolute beast!

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
https://www.deporvillage.net/sram-gx-eagle-dub-superboost-55-mm-direct-mount-32d-chainset-grey

will the above cranks work on the new slash? states 55mm chainline but after looking at so many I am not longer sure what will work.

Still waiting on the bike so I will gamble or I will have to wait. Either way I don't want the silly long 175s!!!!!!!!!!!

Trek must have got a deal with sram to get rid of 175mm cranks and 30 tooth chainrings

Thanks all

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
bakewell wrote:
https://www.deporvillage.net/sram-gx-eagle-dub-superboost-55-mm-direct-mount-32d-chainset-grey

will the above cranks work on the new slash? states 55mm chainline but after looking at so many I am not longer sure what will work.

Still waiting on the bike so I will gamble or I will have to wait. Either way I don't want the silly long 175s!!!!!!!!!!!

Trek must have got a deal with sram to get rid of 175mm cranks and 30 tooth chainrings

Thanks all

Sorry, but something is wrong with the description.
Is this crank for Superboost or CL55?
The Superboost crank has 56.5 chain line and the description says chain line 56.5mm.
In this case, i think the crank is for Superboost and not for Boost/CL55


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013722
Mobile Version of Website