Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 6:07 Quote
felix571 wrote:
Does anyone have similar strong creaking issues on his slash?

If I pull the rear brake and move the bike back and forwards there are very loud creaking sounds coming from the middle/back of the bike.

Here are two videos to make it clear (on both videos only the the rear brake is pulled):

Creaking 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE9XH0IdCEc

Creaking 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwLpTfntIrY

The creaking does not appear if I just compress the suspension straight downwards, which is visible in the first video.

I already sprayed some suspension oil to all the bearings to spot the affected one but that did not help.
I have no idea from where the creaking sound comes.

Do you guys have any tips? It gets worse and worse the dryer it gets outside.

Thanks!

Check and clean/regrease all the elements of the stem/knockblock, and also the seatpost.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
Blue76 wrote:
Hey Mitch ..what are the 2022 colors..??..I'm sure there being made..i cancelled my 21 order cause at this point might as well just wait for the new models..and seeing my local dealer has no idea when he's getting product....

We're only 5 months out from the 2021 Slash release. No 2022 information this early on. But if you have a 2021 order and that item changes for 2022, we would notify your dealer and then they could give you some options.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
I’m trying to decide on a Slash and wondering if anyone is seeing unwanted side effects as a result of the wider Q factor and chainline? It seems a 55mm chainline would be less than ideal without an offset rear wheel.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Does anyone know which spoke wrench size I need for the Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels of the 2021 Slash?

Here is a link to the product I want to buy, there are different sizes to choose from - on Treks Homepage I can´t find the needed information.

https://www.bike-components.de/de/Birzman/Speichenschluessel-p52881/?o=709513-gold-3-96-mm

felix571 wrote:
Does anyone know which spoke wrench size I need for the Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels of the 2021 Slash?

Here is a link to the product I want to buy, there are different sizes to choose from - on Treks Homepage I can´t find the needed information.

https://www.bike-components.de/de/Birzman/Speichenschluessel-p52881/?o=709513-gold-3-96-mm

Dude you ask all these questions on here, people answer them and try to help you out but you never thank anyone!

bakewell wrote:
felix571 wrote:

Dude you ask all these questions on here, people answer them and try to help you out but you never thank anyone!

You are right - I´m sorry. I do appreccate every single answer and use them to get my bike fixed. A feedback function for helpful posts (thumbs up or sth) would be nice to avoid spam here.

Thank you guys!

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
I'm in the same position ???? I'm 187 height end of large and start of xl, really hard when you can't demo the slash! Currently on 2017 trek ex8 xl and the large slash similar measurents reach etc, but maybe more room be nice on xl and stable.. ???? How do you find your xl for corning etc?

Greenfly7 wrote:
I'm in the same position ???? I'm 187 height end of large and start of xl, really hard when you can't demo the slash! Currently on 2017 trek ex8 xl and the large slash similar measurents reach etc, but maybe more room be nice on xl and stable.. ???? How do you find your xl for corning etc?

Have a look at the site below:
https://geometrygeeks.bike/

Search both bikes and it’s great to compare the geo numbers side by side.

When Pinkbike did a review in the enduro shoot out they added a longer stem.
When enduro mag reviewed it the first time was an average review but later on when they did a shoot out between bikes they had a smaller size and it felt so much better for them.

I know it sucks not being about to test ride bikes. A lot of the reviews do say if in between sizes to downsize.

Thanks for that info, ???? I shall have a look and like you say Alot of review say size down as there quite long reach, very similar to my xl ex8 minus the shorter seat tube.. On slash..

bakewell wrote:
Greenfly7 wrote:

Have a look at the site below:
https://geometrygeeks.bike/

Search both bikes and it’s great to compare the geo numbers side by side.

When Pinkbike did a review in the enduro shoot out they added a longer stem.
When enduro mag reviewed it the first time was an average review but later on when they did a shoot out between bikes they had a smaller size and it felt so much better for them.

I know it sucks not being about to test ride bikes. A lot of the reviews do say if in between sizes to downsize.
yes, 110%. i was in between L and XL and ended up taking L though i'll grow into the XL range. i'm glad i look L cuz even now i wish i had ML so im glad i'll grow too tall by trek standards for the bike because its somewhat unwieldy (i also need to get used to it coming from a much smaller bike) and i'd like to be able to chuck it around more easily. but that will come with time and i'm not one bit disappointed about my Slash

It's so much easier when you can just demo the bike size you want to make sure you feel comfy and rides the way you want it! Stable but not to big and numb,, I'm quite tempted to go large ????

Im on the line between M and M/L I demoed a M and it felt great. I’m have a medium on the way but I’m going to bump up to a 40mm stem from 35mm. Like you said I didn’t want it to feel too big and numb. Granted it is a 160/170 29er

Greenfly7 wrote:

When you're on the bubble like that consider how you want the bike to ride.

Going to XL and the bike will be more stable, but harder to change lines, flick around. Pick a line and be a dick about it.

Going to L the bike will be more like your previous bike in size (but with the benefit of more travel etc) but more nimble (than the XL - relatively!).

IMO the older you are (more set in your ways trail riding wise) then the more you should stick with what fits you. Chasing the latest and greatest geometry/bar width/amount of travel etc works if you're willing to change your riding style/aggression level to match. That's typically something that becomes harder to do when you're in your 40s with kids and a mortgage. Easier to 'step up your game' as a younger rider. IMO.

Posted: 21 hours ago Quote
Greenfly7 wrote:
It's so much easier when you can just demo the bike size you want to make sure you feel comfy and rides the way you want it! Stable but not to big and numb,, I'm quite tempted to go large ????

I was on the verge of XL/L (I’m 185cm/6’1’’) and decided to downsize due to the terrain I would frequent the most. I ride rock strewn trails and do a fair bit of technical climbing. If I was in smoother rolling terrain, I would have possibly gone with the XL.

I due find the L to be very nimble for being a 170/160 bike.

I hope this helps a little bit. Cheers!

Posted: 1 hours ago Quote
Thanks all for your comments,, it really does help to get other peoples views on sizes and the way they ride! And as you say in my 40s I'm a bit set in my ways! Looking forward to getting out more and progressing my riding skills though ???? I'm kinda heading the large way! Not xl if I think about it when I put my 27.5s in my fuel ex it feels more playful and I'm told I'm faster ???? so xl slash may well feel too big,! May I also ask what you all think.! Would you go carbon model or aluminium? Never had a carbon bike before. ????

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007057
Mobile Version of Website