Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
Just picked up a Slash 7 on Saturday. The crazy thing is they had it sitting at my shop, no waiting or back order! They even gave me my 25% NICA discount.

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 4:43 Quote
Ordered a 9.9 XTR today, 300 day wait WTF??

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
fast-slow-man wrote:
Just picked up a Slash 7 on Saturday. The crazy thing is they had it sitting at my shop, no waiting or back order! They even gave me my 25% NICA discount.
this shop 1 hour away from my house (goodales bike shop) basically has 75% of the NA stock they have like 8 slash7s, 6 slash 8s and at least one 9.9 x01

got my slash 8 from them but they had a lot more at the time

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
Anyone have any tips on finding a 2021 Slash 9.8 in a Medium. I have looked everywhere and have been on a waitlist for months but the ETA keeps getting pushed out. I would even consider a used model at this point. Any tips greatly appreciated!

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
fast-slow-man wrote:
this shop 1 hour away from my house (goodales bike shop) basically has 75% of the NA stock they have like 8 slash7s, 6 slash 8s and at least one 9.9 x01

got my slash 8 from them but they had a lot more at the time

I went to Cahaba cycles in birmingham, drove from atlanta. Their store was full of new bikes, not service bikes. They have 5 stores. Dude told me they had 800 bikes in their warehouse.

Trek stores near me (I have 3 stores within an hour) have nothing but marlins and a handful of road bikes.

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
Baarz wrote:
Yeah, f*ck that noise. You'll get a 2022 color.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 17:35 Quote
zstover wrote:
Baarz wrote:
yeah might as well for the 2022 if it gets an update then (which i doubt)

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
zstover wrote:
Baarz wrote:
yeah might as well for the 2022 if it gets an update then (which i doubt)

No update, brand new bike. Trek will just change your order to a 2022 a d you get what you get.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
jtay-89 wrote:
Anyone have any tips on finding a 2021 Slash 9.8 in a Medium. I have looked everywhere and have been on a waitlist for months but the ETA keeps getting pushed out. I would even consider a used model at this point. Any tips greatly appreciated!

Give them money and tell them to order the bike. At this point you'll be waiting most of a year. Right now they're just waiting. The clock only starts ticking once the order is in.

The only reason the lead time keeps getting pushed back is that they dont have the bike on order for you. Bikes are shipping as ordered and allocated.

There will be no easing of this for at least a full year, maybe 2 IMO. It's going to suck to have to wait for a bike but if you want to buy new that's the way it's going to be.

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 18:00 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
jtay-89 wrote:

Give them money and tell them to order the bike. At this point you'll be waiting most of a year. Right now they're just waiting. The clock only starts ticking once the order is in.

The only reason the lead time keeps getting pushed back is that they dont have the bike on order for you. Bikes are shipping as ordered and allocated.

There will be no easing of this for at least a full year, maybe 2 IMO. It's going to suck to have to wait for a bike but if you want to buy new that's the way it's going to be.
there is a used model on PB that will ship to the us for 400 dollars off list price. only downside I see is the bars have been cut down. i was actually eyeing one in California which is gone but the guy never responded to my message. also, this one is literally 50 min from where I live in MA lol
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3006579/

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 20:41 Quote
photo

heres my 9.8 size L
not quite sure if ML or L would be better (im 181cm) but really like how the new slash rides. will try a 50mm stem as im not a big fan of really short stems. also trying the mino link in high setting for local trails atm.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
pAzk wrote:
photo

heres my 9.8 size L
not quite sure if ML or L would be better (im 181cm) but really like how the new slash rides. will try a 50mm stem as im not a big fan of really short stems. also trying the mino link in high setting for local trails atm.

That color is so rad! I love my grey/red 9.8, but I really wish I had snagged the gold model

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
zstover wrote:
Baarz wrote:

I got a custom paint job through Project One. The wait for a standard paint job was 400 days.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 23:18 Quote
robbie92835 wrote:
felix571 wrote:
The Slash got a 180mm PM7 direct mount on the rear, correct?
A normal +20mm adapter should be all I need for a 200mm rotor upgrade, shouldnt it?

That is correct. I did exactly that on mine.

Which direction is the "UP"-direction for the 20mm adapter of the rear end of the slash?
Can you post a picture? Smile

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 0:03 Quote
come on its 50/50.
doesnt ned more time to try it out then writing your question....
up is front

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012720
Mobile Version of Website