Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 0:38 Quote
pAzk wrote:
come on its 50/50.
doesnt ned more time to try it out then writing your question....
up is front

Big Grin thanks bro

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 3:16 Quote
pAzk wrote:
come on its 50/50.
up is front

Yup. I got the actual post stand offs, not the bracket. Taller stand off towards the front, shorter to the rear.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 4:04 Quote
zstover wrote:
pAzk wrote:
come on its 50/50.
up is front

Yup. I got the actual post stand offs, not the bracket. Taller stand off towards the front, shorter to the rear.

Okay got it, the taller stand is visible on the product photos.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
Hi, There! I own the 2021 Slash 8. Recently, I have tried to let all the air out of the shock and see, where the real bottom out is. It seems that the bike bottemed out at about 57/58 mm of the shock stroke. Is that ok? It definetely did not reach the 62.5 mm mark on the shock. Does anyone experience the same? It might be normal, just being curious Thx!

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
Is there a bottom out bumper inside the shock? It might go further with weight on it, but it helps prevent grenading stuff on a full harsh bottom out.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
zstover wrote:
Is there a bottom out bumper inside the shock? It might go further with weight on it, but it helps prevent grenading stuff on a full harsh bottom out.

Well, to be honest, I do not know... I have tried to google it out but no luck. It is an airshock and I thought that bottom out bumpers go usually with coil, but it is a possibility...

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 10:01 Quote
AlesOb wrote:
zstover wrote:

Well, to be honest, I do not know... I have tried to google it out but no luck. It is an airshock and I thought that bottom out bumpers go usually with coil, but it is a possibility...

Nah. Air shocks have pretty stout bottom-out bumpers internally as well. I think the RS one actually looks like a springy thing and not just an elastomer even

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
AlesOb wrote:
zstover wrote:

I've got the slash 8 as well...I just havent tried the same thing yet. I'll look in the shock manual.

It looks like that spring is a top out damper, so to speak. I believe there's a small elastomer or bumper that goes above the volume spacers.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
AlesOb wrote:
zstover wrote:

Nah. Air shocks have pretty stout bottom-out bumpers internally as well. I think the RS one actually looks like a springy thing and not just an elastomer even

Alaways learning... That might be it. The travel of the last resort. Thx, that makes sense.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
zstover wrote:
AlesOb wrote:
zstover wrote:

I've got the slash 8 as well...I just havent tried the same thing yet. I'll look in the shock manual.

It looks like that spring is a top out damper, so to speak. I believe there's a small elastomer or bumper that goes above the volume spacers.

I called a guy from my lbs where I got the bike from and he confirmed that also another (same) shock seems to go only 57 or so mm into the travel when deflated. He was not able to give any deeper explenation, though.... If it is not a defective serie, I guess, it works quite the way it was engineered.

If you feel like trying it, I'd be curious as of the result. But thx a lot for the answer in any case. The bottom out bumper seems like it! I just somehow missed the fact that they are also build into air shocks.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:

There will be no easing of this for at least a full year, maybe 2 IMO. It's going to suck to have to wait for a bike but if you want to buy new that's the way it's going to be.

I have a new frame, but I cannot find a 34.9 dropper post anywhere in stock...

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
dreggsy1971 wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

There will be no easing of this for at least a full year, maybe 2 IMO. It's going to suck to have to wait for a bike but if you want to buy new that's the way it's going to be.

Did you check out one up ? They might have some in stock?

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
Moritz03 wrote:
dreggsy1971 wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

Did you check out one up ? They might have some in stock?
I just grabbed one from them last week.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
AlesOb wrote:

I called a guy from my lbs where I got the bike from and he confirmed that also another (same) shock seems to go only 57 or so mm into the travel when deflated. He was not able to give any deeper explenation, though.... If it is not a defective serie, I guess, it works quite the way it was engineered.

If you feel like trying it, I'd be curious as of the result. But thx a lot for the answer in any case. The bottom out bumper seems like it! I just somehow missed the fact that they are also build into air shocks.

I'll let you know if I do. I think I'm going to be putting a volume spacer or 2 in there shortly. Should probably write down my pressure first...

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
Does anyone know where I can get a slash 8 in (western) Canada?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006321
Mobile Version of Website