Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
hey everyone, been trying to ride my slash more, im on the heavier side and look to be easily using all the rear travel, already running less sag, has anyone used spacers on this shock? if so whats the part number or link?

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
hey everyone, been trying to ride my slash more, im on the heavier side and look to be easily using all the rear travel, already running less sag, has anyone used spacers on this shock? if so whats the part number or link?

The part number is: 11.4118.051.005

And here is a shop link: https://bikesale.com/rockshoxrearshockvolumereducerkit-includes3positivetokenssuperdeluxethrushaftc12021.aspx

Just got one token installed, feels pretty good so far. Gets a little more poppy and you can definetly feel more back pressure in the travel.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 22:11 Quote
dreggsy1971 wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

There will be no easing of this for at least a full year, maybe 2 IMO. It's going to suck to have to wait for a bike but if you want to buy new that's the way it's going to be.

I have a new frame, but I cannot find a 34.9 dropper post anywhere in stock...

pnw loam dropper?

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
AlesOb wrote:
Hi, There! I own the 2021 Slash 8. Recently, I have tried to let all the air out of the shock and see, where the real bottom out is. It seems that the bike bottemed out at about 57/58 mm of the shock stroke. Is that ok? It definetely did not reach the 62.5 mm mark on the shock. Does anyone experience the same? It might be normal, just being curious Thx!

Why are you doing this? You worried that trek is stealing your suspensions?

You will pretty much NEVER see any travel measurement match up to what the manuf says it is. Whether it's a fork or a shock. Don't worry about it and ride your bike.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
felix571 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

And here is a shop link: https://bikesale.com/rockshoxrearshockvolumereducerkit-includes3positivetokenssuperdeluxethrushaftc12021.aspx

Just got one token installed, feels pretty good so far. Gets a little more poppy and you can definetly feel more back pressure in the travel.
yes and whatever you do, DO NOT put the normal super deluxe tokens the thru shaft has special ones idk what happens but Ive heard its not funny things

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
AlesOb wrote:
Hi, There! I own the 2021 Slash 8. Recently, I have tried to let all the air out of the shock and see, where the real bottom out is. It seems that the bike bottemed out at about 57/58 mm of the shock stroke. Is that ok? It definetely did not reach the 62.5 mm mark on the shock. Does anyone experience the same? It might be normal, just being curious Thx!

You will pretty much NEVER see any travel measurement match up to what the manuf says it is. Whether it's a fork or a shock. Don't worry about it and ride your bike.

It was out of curiousity, actually. Not accusing Trek of being a suspension theif . In fact, I had to warrenty the original shock and it left me a bit uncertain about the quality. While tring the new one, it somehow crossed my mind to try and look where the real bottom out is. And I kind of expected to get closer to the "official" end stroke mark at 62.5mm.

Basicaly after the first bad experience, I wanted to know that this new shock works the way it should. I would definetely like to avoid sending it back to the shop for no real reason. On the other hand I want the bike to work right. So I asked what the other owners think / have.

Don't worry, I definetely do ride the bike and love it! Just finished a great bike trip with a great beer.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
felix571 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

yes and whatever you do, DO NOT put the normal super deluxe tokens the thru shaft has special ones idk what happens but Ive heard its not funny things

I got the new ones. I'm not trying to immediately trash a $600 shock. I'd cry.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 16:02 Quote
AlesOb wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
AlesOb wrote:

It was out of curiousity, actually. Not accusing Trek of being a suspension theif . In fact, I had to warrenty the original shock and it left me a bit uncertain about the quality. While tring the new one, it somehow crossed my mind to try and look where the real bottom out is. And I kind of expected to get closer to the "official" end stroke mark at 62.5mm.

Basicaly after the first bad experience, I wanted to know that this new shock works the way it should. I would definetely like to avoid sending it back to the shop for no real reason. On the other hand I want the bike to work right. So I asked what the other owners think / have.

Don't worry, I definetely do ride the bike and love it! Just finished a great bike trip with a great beer.

It was a bit of a joke, don't worry.

I've seen some folks get quite bent out of shape that they can *only* get 140mm out of their '150'mm forks.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
Hey, does anyone know which derailleur hanger on treks website the 2021 Slash uses? I took a look at the tech spec and manual but it seems to be absent from there.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 20:01 Quote
i-kerr wrote:
Hey, does anyone know which derailleur hanger on treks website the 2021 Slash uses? I took a look at the tech spec and manual but it seems to be absent from there.

2021 Slash uses the Sram universal derailleur hanger.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 20:22 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
i-kerr wrote:

Awesome. From looking at it I thought that was the case. Appreciate it!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 22:03 Quote
zstover wrote:
timotheysski wrote:
felix571 wrote:

I got the new ones. I'm not trying to immediately trash a $600 shock. I'd cry.

I am pretty sure that the C1 tokens are the only ones which come in purple color. The normal ones are red.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 2:19 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
AlesOb wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

It was a bit of a joke, don't worry.

I've seen some folks get quite bent out of shape that they can *only* get 140mm out of their '150'mm forks.

Defintely no offense taken. Cheers, mate!

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 4:32 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
i-kerr wrote:

Yep. I've got one wrapped in electrical tape (to stop it from rattling) and zip tied to the back of my seat rails.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
JamesXT wrote:
Hey @trek

Some free R+D for you.

Large Slash 8
Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate
230x62.5
450lb Spring
30%Sag

Lockout still allows enough suspension movement for the lever to hit the frame on compression.
Causing the paint damage seen in the pic.

So I had a thought....might not work but, could you orient the lever so it is up and down for locked and open instead of fore and aft? I guess the shaft would have to have that shaft be square or round and file a flat. Just a thought for a possible simple solution

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006328
Mobile Version of Website