Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 5:07 Quote
zstover wrote:
olliridestrek wrote:
felix571 wrote:
Does anyone know, if I can replace the ahead-cap on the new slash with every normal third party ahead-cap?
Checked mine yesterday and it got "Use with Knock-Block" written on it. Sounds like it is a special designed part.

Thanks!

would be interested in this aswell, especially if you go for oneup edc tool. optional you could remove the knock block but if its not needed why would ya?

2021 slash comes with the knock block 2.0 and the replacement chip to remove it. The new knock block turns far enough to shuttle over a pickup truck tailgate, so why remove it?

I removed mine so I can run an aftermarket stem, I dont like the bonty one.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 5:54 Quote
Has anyone tried to fit a 210 oneup dropper post on a M/L slash? If it’s possible to get it completely slammed it would be awesome.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
Richardoblanko wrote:
Has anyone tried to fit a 210 oneup dropper post on a M/L slash? If it’s possible to get it completely slammed it would be awesome.

Not possible. I couldn't slam the 180 I got. If I rotate the actuator ~90 degrees it will slam (the 180 one up with V2 actuator). 210 will definitely not slam.

Its a shame cause I was able to slam the 210 on the 2020 fuel ex I have, but it is what it is.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
zstover wrote:
Richardoblanko wrote:

Not possible. I couldn't slam the 180 I got. If I rotate the actuator ~90 degrees it will slam (the 180 one up with V2 actuator). 210 will definitely not slam.

Its a shame cause I was able to slam the 210 on the 2020 fuel ex I have, but it is what it is.

Ok, the 180 will have to do then.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 8:47 Quote
Can confirm - I ran an aftermarket top cap on my '18 and now my '21 Slash. There's nothing about the top cap that interfaces with Knock Block 1.0 or 2.0. That's the work of the stem, keyed spacers, and headset.

its-joe wrote:
zstover wrote:
olliridestrek wrote:

would be interested in this aswell, especially if you go for oneup edc tool. optional you could remove the knock block but if its not needed why would ya?

2021 slash comes with the knock block 2.0 and the replacement chip to remove it. The new knock block turns far enough to shuttle over a pickup truck tailgate, so why remove it?

I removed mine so I can run an aftermarket stem, I dont like the bonty one.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
Richardoblanko wrote:

I run a PNW Loam 200mm on a L sized carbon frame. About the same Insertion length as the 170mm Bontrager, but still not completely slammed

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 17:06 Quote
Richardoblanko wrote:
zstover wrote:
Richardoblanko wrote:

Ok, the 180 will have to do then.

Just in case anyone is interested, I installed the 210 on a Large and could slam it!

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
Just get the knock block spacer and then run whatever stem you want and still have knock block
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-components/bike-headsets/trek-knock-block-headset-lockring-spacer/p/27583/

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 21:59 Quote
zstover wrote:
olliridestrek wrote:
felix571 wrote:
Does anyone know, if I can replace the ahead-cap on the new slash with every normal third party ahead-cap?
Checked mine yesterday and it got "Use with Knock-Block" written on it. Sounds like it is a special designed part.

Thanks!

I was just talking about the ahead-cap, not complete knock block. Does any third-party cap fit?

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 3:08 Quote
felix571 wrote:
zstover wrote:
olliridestrek wrote:

I was just talking about the ahead-cap, not complete knock block. Does any third-party cap fit?

Yes, any top cap will fit. Trek website says that stems are compatible with knock block and standard headsets and spacers, which includes top cap

Posted: May 3, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
freerider129 wrote:
felix571 wrote:
zstover wrote:

Yes, any top cap will fit. Trek website says that stems are compatible with knock block and standard headsets and spacers, which includes top cap

Thanks!

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 9:26 Quote
zstover wrote:
Richardoblanko wrote:

Ok so it's possible to rotate the oneup post v2 90 degrees?

O+
Posted: May 8, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
Richardoblanko wrote:
zstover wrote:
Richardoblanko wrote:

Ok so it's possible to rotate the oneup post v2 90 degrees?

If you go to their site and buy the v2 actuator (not the 2.1) you can slam.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 22:40 Quote
When riding fast rooty sections, where the rear end gets a lot of hard fast hits, the Slash gets little loud I think.

Anyone else has the same feeling?

Im not sure if its the chain + chainstay or the cap of the frame internal storage (I mounted a fidlock bottle and the oneup pump with edc-tool on it) is responsible for the noise.

Do you guys have any tips?

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 23:41 Quote
felix571 wrote:
When riding fast rooty sections, where the rear end gets a lot of hard fast hits, the Slash gets little loud I think.

Anyone else has the same feeling?

Im not sure if its the chain + chainstay or the cap of the frame internal storage (I mounted a fidlock bottle and the oneup pump with edc-tool on it) is responsible for the noise.

Do you guys have any tips?

I have this exact noise on my 9.8.
My chain stay protector looks beat up so im guessing its slapping it quite alot, i dont think the stock protector is that great noise wise.
Im going to try putting bits of slapper tape from marsh guard on top of each rise on it but in the smallest cog the chain only just sits off it so might rub in that gear but going to try.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011816
Mobile Version of Website