Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
Richardoblanko wrote:
zstover wrote:

Not possible. I couldn't slam the 180 I got. If I rotate the actuator ~90 degrees it will slam (the 180 one up with V2 actuator). 210 will definitely not slam.

Its a shame cause I was able to slam the 210 on the 2020 fuel ex I have, but it is what it is.

Ok so it's possible to rotate the oneup post v2 90 degrees?

If you go to their site and buy the v2 actuator (not the 2.1) you can slam.

That's good to know. Turns out, for me anyway, I need some post above the collar with the 180mm dropper anyway. I know I can't slam the 210, and even shimmed down to 190mm, there'd be too much post sticking up. 180mm works just fine for me anyway.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 12:32 Quote
Anyone having issues with chain drops in 1 gear on backpedal?

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:

One gear or first gear? Likely a symptom of the wide chainline spacing in 1x12 groupsets. The only "fix" is to not do it.

Unless it's happening in one of the middle few gears.

edit: added some clarity

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 22:55 Quote
felix571 wrote:
When riding fast rooty sections, where the rear end gets a lot of hard fast hits, the Slash gets little loud I think.

Anyone else has the same feeling?

Im not sure if its the chain + chainstay or the cap of the frame internal storage (I mounted a fidlock bottle and the oneup pump with edc-tool on it) is responsible for the noise.

Do you guys have any tips?

How’d you mount the edc pump and fidlock bottle? Interested in doing something similar but the factory screws are a bit short and the central dip on the storage door thing feels like it’s not gonna mount flush with out messing around with some washers/spacers

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:

One gear or first gear? Likely a symptom of the wide chainline spacing in 1x12 groupsets. The only "fix" is to not do it.

In first gear, largest cog. On 2019 Remedy it did not happen.
Nobody i know with 12x divetrain have no issues with that.

Trek maybe "messed" chainline up with wider drive on boost rear with 3mm offset chainring?
When people put standard boost cranks and 0 offset chain ring it don't fall off.

I wonder if 6mm offset could fit and maybe fix the issue?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 1:27 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

Trek maybe "messed" chainline up with wider drive on boost rear with 3mm offset chainring?
When people put standard boost cranks and 0 offset chain ring it don't fall off.

All of these bikes ive owned and have done it, all with either sram or shimanos 12 speeds
Remedy 20 & 21
Slash20 & 21
Meta 21
Clash 21
Mega 21
Reign 21
Scott genious
Trek Fuel ex 2019.
Capra 2020
Altitude 2021
Trek rail 2021

Test ridden but did it:
Yeti 150/165
Norco sight and shore
Kona P X

Pretty much everything i've tried to do this on its fallen down the cassette

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Toninhohr wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:

All of these bikes ive owned and have done it, all with either sram or shimanos 12 speeds

My experience is the same. I think every single 12spd drivetrain i've encountered thus far has done this. Don't really see the issue. It only happens in the biggest ring, which is very rarely used unless you're grinding up something near vertical, so just dont pedal backwards in that gear?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 5:21 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
felix571 wrote:
When riding fast rooty sections, where the rear end gets a lot of hard fast hits, the Slash gets little loud I think.

Im not sure if its the chain + chainstay or the cap of the frame internal storage (I mounted a fidlock bottle and the oneup pump with edc-tool on it) is responsible for the noise.

I have this exact noise on my 9.8.
My chain stay protector looks beat up so im guessing its slapping it quite alot, i dont think the stock protector is that great noise wise.
Im going to try putting bits of slapper tape from marsh guard on top of each rise on it but in the smallest cog the chain only just sits off it so might rub in that gear but going to try.

probably; same thing happening on my slash 8 and also when I huck something hard

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 5:22 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:

yes in the granny gear I do

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:

Strange...I mean, really, in my experience (Remedy) and all of my friends I ride with (Ransom, Tyee, Meta, Enduro, Altitude) nobody is having any issues with chain drop. All are on GX except XT on RM.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
you will not notice it while riding. stop pedaling backwards while not riding. done

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
Bingo. Drivetrains are designed to be pedaled forwards. All systems will behave suboptimally if pedaled backwards, especially at the extremes of the cassette, and worse yet with drivetrains that are dirty, un-lubed, have large range cassettes, and more than 8 speeds.

pAzk wrote:
you will not notice it while riding. stop pedaling backwards while not riding. done

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
felix571 wrote:

I have this exact noise on my 9.8.
My chain stay protector looks beat up so im guessing its slapping it quite alot, i dont think the stock protector is that great noise wise.
Im going to try putting bits of slapper tape from marsh guard on top of each rise on it but in the smallest cog the chain only just sits off it so might rub in that gear but going to try.

probably; same thing happening on my slash 8 and also when I huck something hard

Hmm - okay. Maybe you can mention it here if you got the bike quieter with any tricks.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:50 Quote
Other topic:

I want to dissassemble the linkage of my slash to grease it all up again. The drivetrain side should be fine with the SRAM tutorial videos - especially with the UDH video. Pretty good one I think.

But I´m not sure with the non-drivetrain side (the marked nut screw):

The only adapter which fits is this one:

On the first picture of the adapter you can see that the corners are a little bigger - which leads to a wobbly kind of feeling.
Not sure if I can put force on it.
Are 24mm the correct size for this nut screw?

If not, how did you loosen it? In which direction do I loosen it - anti-clockwise?

Thanks in advance guys!

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
you need a flat socket, like whats needed for the fox forks.
That ABP is normal, to loosen you turn anticlockwise

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007890
Mobile Version of Website