Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Author Message
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
you need a flat socket, like whats needed for the fox forks.
That ABP is normal, to loosen you turn anticlockwise
And you can just use a big adjustable wrench, and it'll be fine.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
Has anyone tried a mullet setup?

How did it go?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
Any G5 users out there?

It never crossed my mind that the G5 in 29, which is a very new version of that tire and one that apparently the Enduro and downhill teams use, is actually not a tubeless ready tire.

I bought one and sealant is weeping through the sidewalls and the tires seems to go flat after about 15 hours. I'm hoping the sealant will take care of it, but I'm a little worried about riding it and the bead failing. (wire bead)

The only place Trek points out that this is not a tubeless ready tire is at the very last FAQ at the very bottom of the product page.
Any track employees have some insight here? My dealer assures me I will be refunded with the 30 day guarantee.

I would rather not even have to do that if the sealant is eventually going to take over, or am i going to burp that wire bead too easily?

My assumption is the team must be using some special version of this and not what's actually sold to the public.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 16:08 Quote
pAzk wrote:
you will not notice it while riding. stop pedaling backwards while not riding. done

But that is no real solution...
I can ride, no problems, but it's annoying...

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
Toninhohr wrote:
pAzk wrote:
you will not notice it while riding. stop pedaling backwards while not riding. done

But that is no real solution...
I can ride, no problems, but it's annoying...

Just sell the buy and buy a new bike.. im sure thatll fix it.. lol

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:

Just sell the buy and buy a new bike.. im sure thatll fix it.. lol

New bike allways helps Smile

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
Hey Guys!
Im new to the group and am looking at getting the new slash. (9.8 or 9.9, or frame, whichever is available first).
My questions to new slash owners are..
1) do you feel like the slash has enough progression with the stock Superdeluxe?
2) has anyone tried a Super deluxe coil or fox DHX2 yet?
3) If you have stuck with the stock shock, would you consider adding the megneg can? (If it fits?)

Thanks in advance for all the input!

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 21:25 Quote
brokenspokephoto wrote:
Hey Guys!
Im new to the group and am looking at getting the new slash. (9.8 or 9.9, or frame, whichever is available first).
My questions to new slash owners are..
1) do you feel like the slash has enough progression with the stock Superdeluxe?
2) has anyone tried a Super deluxe coil or fox DHX2 yet?
3) If you have stuck with the stock shock, would you consider adding the megneg can? (If it fits?)

Thanks in advance for all the input!

Once you ride the RS SD Ult with the 3 pos compression you'll really like it, the stock tune on the shock is very good.
The 3pos switch works very good for super chunky steep stuff , medium everything or the + mode for flow trails.

i want this shock on a longer legged travel bike, it would be awesome.

the megneg doesnt fit.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 23:57 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
brokenspokephoto wrote:
Hey Guys!
Im new to the group and am looking at getting the new slash. (9.8 or 9.9, or frame, whichever is available first).
My questions to new slash owners are..
1) do you feel like the slash has enough progression with the stock Superdeluxe?
2) has anyone tried a Super deluxe coil or fox DHX2 yet?
3) If you have stuck with the stock shock, would you consider adding the megneg can? (If it fits?)

Thanks in advance for all the input!

Once you ride the RS SD Ult with the 3 pos compression you'll really like it, the stock tune on the shock is very good.
The 3pos switch works very good for super chunky steep stuff , medium everything or the + mode for flow trails.

i want this shock on a longer legged travel bike, it would be awesome.

the megneg doesnt fit.

+1. very impressed so far. was riding float X2 on the 2020 slash and for me the new shock is a better alrounder. locks better, +1 setting on the compression nice for flowrrails or jumplines. - 1 for the wet.
havent ridden bikepark yet, maybe i will add a volume spacer for that

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 0:40 Quote
pAzk wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
brokenspokephoto wrote:
Hey Guys!
Im new to the group and am looking at getting the new slash. (9.8 or 9.9, or frame, whichever is available first).
My questions to new slash owners are..
1) do you feel like the slash has enough progression with the stock Superdeluxe?
2) has anyone tried a Super deluxe coil or fox DHX2 yet?
3) If you have stuck with the stock shock, would you consider adding the megneg can? (If it fits?)

Thanks in advance for all the input!

Once you ride the RS SD Ult with the 3 pos compression you'll really like it, the stock tune on the shock is very good.
The 3pos switch works very good for super chunky steep stuff , medium everything or the + mode for flow trails.

i want this shock on a longer legged travel bike, it would be awesome.

the megneg doesnt fit.

+1. very impressed so far. was riding float X2 on the 2020 slash and for me the new shock is a better alrounder. locks better, +1 setting on the compression nice for flowrrails or jumplines. - 1 for the wet.
havent ridden bikepark yet, maybe i will add a volume spacer for that

try 5 or 7 psi more for the bike park if doing big stuff, i did wonder the same about spacer but the tiny bit more air helped enough and felt good.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 5:12 Quote
dreggsy1971 wrote:
Has anyone tried a mullet setup?

How did it go?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udKbZuOkIQ8

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 3:05 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
you need a flat socket, like whats needed for the fox forks.
That ABP is normal, to loosen you turn anticlockwise

Alright, that worked so far.
But is there really anybody who is applying 25Nm to the UDH? I stopped before - got the feeling that it will break soon.
Should work fine as well.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 3:18 Quote
felix571 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
you need a flat socket, like whats needed for the fox forks.
That ABP is normal, to loosen you turn anticlockwise

Alright, that worked so far.
But is there really anybody who is applying 25Nm to the UDH? I stopped before - got the feeling that it will break soon.
Should work fine as well.
i do mine up to 20 and have no issues but do keep an eye on it.
It's a mix of metal and plastic and will break easily... i know because i've done it... twice.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 3:47 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
felix571 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
you need a flat socket, like whats needed for the fox forks.
That ABP is normal, to loosen you turn anticlockwise

Alright, that worked so far.
But is there really anybody who is applying 25Nm to the UDH? I stopped before - got the feeling that it will break soon.
Should work fine as well.
i do mine up to 20 and have no issues but do keep an eye on it.
It's a mix of metal and plastic and will break easily... i know because i've done it... twice.

Broke it one time as well - so I will keep doing it your way. Thanks!

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 22:45 Quote
The Slash got a 73mm bottom bracket right?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005819
Mobile Version of Website