Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 17:05 Quote
bought the mrp chain ring with bashguard 26t-32t and my chain rubs on top because i have a 32t oval chain ring.

Does anyone know if this one will fit? it is 28t-34t

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 17:23 Quote
It should. A 32t oval ring will be 34t at its tallest and 30t at its shortest.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 22:04 Quote
Doub1eR wrote:
bought the mrp chain ring with bashguard 26t-32t and my chain rubs on top because i have a 32t oval chain ring.

Does anyone know if this one will fit? it is 28t-34t

I got the same bashguard with the normal chainring - that works fine. But you will need to use every single spacer included in the box to move the bashguard away from the frame.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 3:49 Quote
felix571 wrote:

I got the same bashguard with the normal chainring - that works fine. But you will need to use every single spacer included in the box to move the bashguard away from the frame.

Same.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
put an allen key or allen socket in the NON drive side and its REVERSE thread, ie ANTI CLOCKWISE TO LOOSEN
Very poor on Treks part not to mark this.

So I did today.. it cracked very loud and now both sides are turning while I try to unscrew anti-clockwise. Small pieces of metal are coming out of the thread.
I destroyed it..

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 8:25 Quote
If I'm not sure what way to turn something, I usually just test it a bit before reefing on it.

Sorry for your loss.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
felix571 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
put an allen key or allen socket in the NON drive side and its REVERSE thread, ie ANTI CLOCKWISE TO LOOSEN

So I did today.. it cracked very loud and now both sides are turning while I try to unscrew anti-clockwise. Small pieces of metal are coming out of the thread.
I destroyed it..

?? the non driveside has the nut and thats also the side you need to undo it from, the bolt "head" is actually on the drive side, so when looking at it from the drive said the thread is the correct way however you actually undo it from the non drive side so you go in reverse to undo. ie clockwise on non driveside.

Also many people break that nut by going the wrong way.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:

?? the non driveside has the nut and thats also the side you need to undo it from, the bolt "head" is actually on the drive side, so when looking at it from the drive said the thread is the correct way however you actually undo it from the non drive side so you go in reverse to undo. ie clockwise on non driveside.

Spatial relations is/are hard.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 22:30 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
felix571 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

I destroyed it..

Okay, I was not thinking about that. I just thought "loosen anti-clockwise" and gave it a go.
Is is hard to remove all the broken parts? I will bring the bike to a mechanic tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 4:28 Quote
felix571 wrote:

Okay, I was not thinking about that. I just thought "loosen anti-clockwise" and gave it a go.
Is is hard to remove all the broken parts? I will bring the bike to a mechanic tomorrow.

It really shouldn't be. That frame chip/nut should just pop out/fall out with the threads blown out of it, and the main pivot axle can just be driven out/pulled out from the drive side.

You're probably going to need Main pivot nut W584134 and Main pivot bolt W600628.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiwgMzhiaHxAhWBhOAKHQvICqUQFjADegQIBBAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtbr.com%2Fattachments%2Fmy21_slash_quickref-pdf.1919938%2F&usg=AOvVaw34uMmHRzcOSI0mavb_EgcS

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 5:45 Quote
zstover wrote:
felix571 wrote:

It really shouldn't be. That frame chip/nut should just pop out/fall out with the threads blown out of it, and the main pivot axle can just be driven out/pulled out from the drive side.

You're probably going to need Main pivot nut W584134 and Main pivot bolt W600628.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiwgMzhiaHxAhWBhOAKHQvICqUQFjADegQIBBAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtbr.com%2Fattachments%2Fmy21_slash_quickref-pdf.1919938%2F&usg=AOvVaw34uMmHRzcOSI0mavb_EgcS

Thank you very much, in the meantime I found the part numbers as well!
Sadly the bolt has a delivery time of 4 weeks.

Can I ride this bike? The bolt is still in thread, just a little deeper than it should - which created some metal shavings.

What do you guys think? Maybe some experiences from a bikeshop or sth?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
WOW...think I found the slash joey forum..

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
Haha.. seriously though Ive had a slash since March..do a bolt check every other ride lube your chain and ride..

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
Blue76 wrote:
WOW...think I found the slash joey forum..

You are welcome to un find it. Don’t be a d***.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006674
Mobile Version of Website