Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 0:10 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:

Suspension settings from Open are wrong, should always be from closed. Not that anyone elses suspension settings will be good for you, unless you weigh the same, ride the same trails, and have the same riding style/experience.

I was just asking because it wasn't clear how he count it.
Shure the setups and pressures are different, but i like to compare with that in mind...

Want to say that my 21 8 is doing well so far.
Regreased fully by LBS on delivery.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 3:43 Quote
I'm a bit partial to the 2021 colors myself. Of course, the navy/teal fade with red lettering being my favorite. If I could have afforded more bike, I'm sure I'd have a different favorite color or not care what color the bike was.

Previous years, the yellow to teal fade was awesome, the red/orange fade just doesn't do it for me the same way.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
zstover wrote:
I'm a bit partial to the 2021 colors myself. Of course, the navy/teal fade with red lettering being my favorite. If I could have afforded more bike, I'm sure I'd have a different favorite color or not care what color the bike was.

Previous years, the yellow to teal fade was awesome, the red/orange fade just doesn't do it for me the same way.

I have the 2019 slash with the miam/volt fade and added some custom color to it as well and I just can't bring myself to "upgrade" (although I have a zeb coming and a float x2 on it) because nothing else looks as good!

Posted: Jun 26, 2021 at 8:44 Quote

Finally got my slash 8 all set up. Didn’t like the silver so I had my niece make me a black vanilla to put over. Lol. Now time to take it and make it dirty.

Posted: Jun 26, 2021 at 13:22 Quote
currently looking for a seat clamp in silver that actually fits the slash, someone got one in silver that fits around the seattube?

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 23:13 Quote
olliridestrek wrote:
currently looking for a seat clamp in silver that actually fits the slash, someone got one in silver that fits around the seattube?
Wolf Tooth 38.6mm Nickel... but is more like chrome.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 15:50 Quote
Has anyone added a positive or negative token to their Super Deluxe Ultimate yet? I have the spacers now from my LBS but haven't cracked open the air can yet. I am at or just beyond the 50 hr service per the SRAM manual and while I feel I could do that service, I'd rather just pop in the spacers before the holiday weekend if possible, and then do the service afterwards. Can I add the spacers without needing to replace any seals?

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 19:05 Quote
I didn't replace seals or add anymore oil/fluid. Was fine. Not sure I needed them so I took them back out. Still havent done a service yet.

Had 0, tried 2, back at zero, probably need 1 actually.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 21:09 Quote
Cool, thanks for responding.
I’m on an XL and about 235# in riding gear. I’m hoping that the negative spacer gives me a little more pop, and the positive spacer gives a little more end stroke ramp. I definitely like the fit and ride of this new chassis a great deal more than the previous Slash which I had new in ‘18 through March of this year. Still fiddling with it though.

zstover wrote:
I didn't replace seals or add anymore oil/fluid. Was fine. Not sure I needed them so I took them back out. Still havent done a service yet.

Had 0, tried 2, back at zero, probably need 1 actually.

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 4:55 Quote
Hey guys get my 9.8 xt Friday size large, busy looking for bits to tweak the bike already got a set of code rsc to go on. Have a rotor question does the large come with a 203 up front and 180 rear? All I can see is 180 written on treks site as rotor size and I can't believe they would send a bike like this with a 180 front!

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
jimyg wrote:
Hey guys get my 9.8 xt Friday size large, busy looking for bits to tweak the bike already got a set of code rsc to go on. Have a rotor question does the large come with a 203 up front and 180 rear? All I can see is 180 written on treks site as rotor size and I can't believe they would send a bike like this with a 180 front!

It should be 203 front and 180 rear. *should*.
I can't speak for the 9.8XT build, but on the slash 8, it was 200mm front/180mm rear.

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
zstover wrote:
jimyg wrote:

I can't speak for the 9.8XT build, but on the slash 8, it was 200mm front/180mm rear.

yes its 203/180 on the xt built.
i wonder why you wanna change some excellent brakes?
would rather go with gx drivedrain and shimano brakes then the other way around

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
pAzk wrote:
zstover wrote:
jimyg wrote:

Thanks for that! Will just get the one rotor ordered.

I'm a huge fan of code RSC. Put them through all sorts only bled my last set once in two years and that was before went the Alps just to be safe than sorry and that was with 2000+ miles of use. Had major issues with Shimano giving up on long descents at bike parks (saint/Xt) I have tried the new SLX brakes on an ebike for a day and they are good just not sure how they would cope compared to the last set of shimanos I had. So on that as I had a brand new set of code RSC for cheap I'd rather stick with what I know work for me?

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
pAzk wrote:
zstover wrote:
jimyg wrote:

Not a chance. Shimano for gears, SRAM Code RSC for brakes. All the way.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
So the recommend safe solution to fix that down tube protector of peeling off is with the vhb tape?
asking because mine is starting to peal off... Frown

@TREK aka Mitch what do you recommend?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010907
Mobile Version of Website