Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
200s will help. But metallic is supposed to brake better as they warm up. Organic pads are quieter, and have better bite when cooler, but fade more as they heat up.

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 6:22 Quote
felix571 wrote:
jimyg wrote:
felix571 wrote:

Thanks!
I think the difference between the pistons of the R and the RSC are not noticeable for me as an average rider - or what do you think?

Do you do long descents or bike park laps? If so if you rode them back to back you could tell. Although I ran codes on a DH bike for a day at a bike park the other week and they were spot on, just don't have the smooth lever feel the RSC do.

I've experienced the same thing on my RSC that I have bled at least 3 times (once a year or so) and have not had any issues whatsoever. Can't explain why it happens though, as I have never seen or taken the levers appart.

Longer descents are only possible in the bike parks here. But I visit the parks on a regular basis.

Yesterday I vented my rear Code R because I was able to pull the lever to the handlebar. While venting I noticed that the there is a small hole in the lever. When I was pushing the DOT into the lever some bubbles and DOT-fluid came out of this hole. Is that normal?

I did that the first time, be kind Smile

I have experienced the same on my RSC, bled them at least 3 times (once a year or so) and have not experience any issues whatsoever. I can't explain why this happens though, as I have never seen and taken the levers appart.

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
pqbb wrote:
felix571 wrote:
jimyg wrote:

Do you do long descents or bike park laps? If so if you rode them back to back you could tell. Although I ran codes on a DH bike for a day at a bike park the other week and they were spot on, just don't have the smooth lever feel the RSC do.

I've experienced the same thing on my RSC that I have bled at least 3 times (once a year or so) and have not had any issues whatsoever. Can't explain why it happens though, as I have never seen or taken the levers appart.

Longer descents are only possible in the bike parks here. But I visit the parks on a regular basis.

Yesterday I vented my rear Code R because I was able to pull the lever to the handlebar. While venting I noticed that the there is a small hole in the lever. When I was pushing the DOT into the lever some bubbles and DOT-fluid came out of this hole. Is that normal?

I have experienced the same on my RSC, bled them at least 3 times (once a year or so) and have not experience any issues whatsoever. I can't explain why this happens though, as I have never seen and taken the levers appart.

Mine wept like that as well. You overfilled the system. It will stop eventually.

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
twixrider wrote:
felix571 wrote:
jimyg wrote:

I do not like the Code R so far... I went to Schladming once and my rear rotor faded to black (am I breaking too much, or was it too hot ~32°C, both?)
But today I got new 200mm rotors (front and rear) and organic break-pads. I hope those will do the trick... I did not like the "feeling" of the stock pads + rotors (also pretty noisy).

If not I'll swap to RSCs or maybe total different brand...

Need to upgrade the rear rotor to 200mm as well. Have this on my list for a while now..

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
JamesXT wrote:
freerider129 wrote:
For the people that have gone to a coil shock, what did you go with (Fox, RS) and how does the bike feel vs the stock air option? Thinking about getting a coil for days on the lifts or shuttles. I do like the stock air shock but felt like it was a bit lacking on the more DH stuff.

I would save your money. Tried RS Super Deluxe coil. Now back to stock air shock. I can safely say the stock shock is really really f’n good. I’m riding chairlift bike park and long rough descents most days.

The coil is slightly better off the top in chatter but far worse everywhere else (big hits, pumps, jumps etc.) This is due to a lack of support or ramp up in the travel.

I’m 85kg, 450lb spring gave 30% sag. I tried a 500lb spring which increased support a little(not enough) and sacrificed that suppleness off the top.

Maybe a progressive spring would work, but at this point I can’t see the point in spending more money and time on coil when the stock setup works so well. Also the coil climb lever needs to be modified to fit the frame.

Going to keep the coil as a spare for when the air shock inevitably gives up again (the only drawback imo)

Thanks for your feedback....

I’m selling my slash p1 if anyone wants a new one. It’s on pink bike for 9999. I’ve ridden it 4 times and got q xx1 drivetrain components and titanium bolts. Ergon saddle titanium oil slick cassete. Among other goodies.

Thanks
For reading!

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
felix571 wrote:
twixrider wrote:
felix571 wrote:

I do not like the Code R so far... I went to Schladming once and my rear rotor faded to black (am I breaking too much, or was it too hot ~32°C, both?)
But today I got new 200mm rotors (front and rear) and organic break-pads. I hope those will do the trick... I did not like the "feeling" of the stock pads + rotors (also pretty noisy).

Need to upgrade the rear rotor to 200mm as well. Have this on my list for a while now..

Personally I upgraded to dove tech magura MdR C. The one with inner black and outer metal. And still use the code rsc. For some very weird reason 220 mm made it even better/stronger

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 22:10 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
felix571 wrote:
twixrider wrote:

Personally I upgraded to dove tech magura MdR C. The one with inner black and outer metal. And still use the code rsc. For some very weird reason 220 mm made it even better/stronger

Didn´t know that this combination does work. Good to know!
I think I will go for the Centerline 200mm Rotor at the rear and see how that performs. Should be enough for me.

I want that RSC levers!

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 3:43 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
I hope this is sarcasm. Of course gigantic rotors are going to be stronger.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 2:36 Quote
Just bashed my back rim badly. Is there any difference between the 2020 Bontrager Line Comp 30 and the 2021?

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
Richardoblanko wrote:
Just bashed my back rim badly. Is there any difference between the 2020 Bontrager Line Comp 30 and the 2021?

Bontrager updated the wheel a couple months ago, but it was structural (shape of the actual rim). It has the same dimensions to fit in your frame if you buy a replacement. You probably wouldn't notice without looking closely.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Ok, is the new one better?

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
Richardoblanko wrote:

It's basically the prior Line Pro, so I would say a big yes. I've had Line Pro wheels for 3 years on 2 bikes with no issues other than the occasional broken spoke(s) from random sticks.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 11:05 Quote
Ok, I’ll try to find the new one, but when I asked at my local trek store they said if they order them now I will get them to Christmas!

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Richardoblanko wrote:

It's basically the prior Line Pro, so I would say a big yes. I've had Line Pro wheels for 3 years on 2 bikes with no issues other than the occasional broken spoke(s) from random sticks.

I have been running them and they are a huge improvement.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
I want to upgrade the brakes on my 2021 Slash 9.7 to Shimano Saints with 203mm rotors front and rear. Is it correct my bike has 180mm post mount both on the fork and the rear?

When I look at the stock bike I only see an adapter (presumably +20mm) installed on the front to accomodate the 200mm SRAM rotor and nothing on the rear for the 180mm rear rotor.

After searching online I bought two Shimano SM-MA90-F203P/PM adapters for both front and rear which I thought are the required adapters to fit 203mm rotors on 180mm post mounts (so adding +23mm). Just wanted to check if I bought the correct ones?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006333
Mobile Version of Website