Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
Blue76 wrote:
You guys are all tripping..I've had one of the first batches..with the headset gap..it's nothing to be worried about..didn't even notice it until I went on this page..I've had zero problems with the bike..been hammering since Feb... check your bolts lube your chain and ride your bikes..

Premium product you expect the QC guy to be awake during work. MTB's are already overpriced without this kinda stuff happening. Thats great you havnt had issues but when a thread is mostly filled with issues there is something wrong, especially when a company wont front up about it.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Premium product you expect the QC guy to be awake during work. MTB's are already overpriced without this kinda stuff happening. Thats great you havnt had issues but when a thread is mostly filled with issues there is something wrong, especially when a company wont front up about it.

Yeah I agree and this is the way I look at it. If Trek (or any company really) wants to charge $4k+ for a product, it better be a flawless item with no manufacturing errors. If this happened on something like a Marlin or another cheapo model I wouldn't see much of an issue, you get what you pay for. Sure it may not affect performance, but if you're going to charge premium prices for a premium product it better be of premium quality from top to bottom.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 6:46 Quote
To be fair though, a creeky headset is annoying AF

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
WY228 wrote:

Yeah I agree and this is the way I look at it. If Trek (or any company really) wants to charge $4k+ for a product, it better be a flawless item with no manufacturing errors. If this happened on something like a Marlin or another cheapo model I wouldn't see much of an issue, you get what you pay for. Sure it may not affect performance, but if you're going to charge premium prices for a premium product it better be of premium quality from top to bottom.

Exactly, would you spend a premium on premium headphones for them to crackle? or just say "ahh well i just tripping ill just deal with the crackle"

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 14:43 Quote
sold my warranty replacement frame/shock, havnt had any issues with my cheap marin

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 20:34 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
sold my warranty replacement frame/shock, havnt had any issues with my cheap marin

Sorry to hear that. I’ve never been more smitten with a bike than this 9.8 XT. A couple minor details I need to change but otherwise perfect.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 23:47 Quote
the carbon versions dont seem to have any issues

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
biker1969 wrote:

Where can I get this deeper headset cap? Never heard of it before..

This is referring to deeper machining on the frame, not a part that can be swapped out unfortunately. I wonder what Trek is proposing for owners of the early Slash with this problem...

It's not referring to deeper machining of the frame.

It's referring to the upper headset bearing cover. And if you have an affected Slash 8 then it should be a warranty fix. Contact your dealer.

Not referring to machining anything deeper, and you definitely should not do that![/Quote]

Do you have a picture of this bearing cover? Or a before and after pic?

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 3:54 Quote
felix571 wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
biker1969 wrote:

This is referring to deeper machining on the frame, not a part that can be swapped out unfortunately. I wonder what Trek is proposing for owners of the early Slash with this problem...

It's not referring to deeper machining of the frame.

It's referring to the upper headset bearing cover. And if you have an affected Slash 8 then it should be a warranty fix. Contact your dealer.

Not referring to machining anything deeper, and you definitely should not do that!

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 8:00 Quote
felix571 wrote:

Mitch (@trek) has referred to it on this thread. I do not have a picture of it.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 23:13 Quote
New alloy colours…

https://www.blazingbikes.co.uk/index.php/trek-slash-8-2022-mountain-bike-1.html

https://www.blazingbikes.co.uk/index.php/trek-slash-7-2022-mountain-bike.html

https://www.blazingbikes.co.uk/index.php/trek-slash-7-2022-mountain-bike-1.html

Slash 8 lists Super Deluxe Select+ shock. Maybe a typo..

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
Depends on availability. I've heard some wild stuff on build kits changing from other companies

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
Anyone know if there is any significant shock progression change (or any change for that matter) from running the Mino link in the high vs the low?

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
Does anyone by chance know the stock spoke lengths for both wheels? I laced my rims on my 9.8 to Onyx hubs, but I am building a new wheelset with different rims and will be using the Onyx hubs, so I want to lace the stock rims back to the stock Bontrager hubs so I figured if someone (maybe even Trek since they post in here) might have those lengths on hand.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 11:59 Quote
Piker72 wrote:
Anyone know if there is any significant shock progression change (or any change for that matter) from running the Mino link in the high vs the low?

Good question - since the chainstay gets 2mm longer I would think it changes a little bit... but I'm purely speculating

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006040
Mobile Version of Website