Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Author Message
O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 10:19 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
Well, if you're going to claim something is the 'ultimate' you probably shouldn't leave any stones unturned.

FYI things also suitable for being 'marked down' on if you're building something that you're going to call 'ultimate':

Mismatched wheels,
Cranks not matching drivetrain (don't care that they're RF/Eewings)
If you've got RF Bars, you need to have RF Cranks, stem
Tire logos not lined up with valve stem.

IMO its kinda lame when people brand match everything. If the company isn't paying you to use their products then why bother? Its a lot cooler when people use what works best for them regardless of brand.

Sure mismatched wheels would probably trigger my OCD but matching bar/stem and crank by brand? Who cares.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 12:31 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
but the handlebar is renthal.

I ment ultimate for me not Ultimate at world cup level.

Still love it...

All black. i might get back to all black and forget the oil slick components.

Haard choices....

Can someone explain me please what do i need to get in order to put a Fox coil on this?

Take care

I thought you were going to sell it? Don’t put a coil on it to sell… per your for sale post you are having money problems???

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
Yeah bro,, THAT guy talking about cranks and shit like that is out of his mind LOL

He probably still is in the blue lane or something is wrong

missing chromosome

WY228 wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
Well, if you're going to claim something is the 'ultimate' you probably shouldn't leave any stones unturned.

FYI things also suitable for being 'marked down' on if you're building something that you're going to call 'ultimate':

Mismatched wheels,
Cranks not matching drivetrain (don't care that they're RF/Eewings)
If you've got RF Bars, you need to have RF Cranks, stem
Tire logos not lined up with valve stem.

IMO its kinda lame when people brand match everything. If the company isn't paying you to use their products then why bother? Its a lot cooler when people use what works best for them regardless of brand.

Sure mismatched wheels would probably trigger my OCD but matching bar/stem and crank by brand? Who cares.

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
Yeah bro,, THAT guy talking about cranks and shit like that is out of his mind LOL

He probably still is in the blue lane or something is wrong

missing chromosome

WY228 wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
Well, if you're going to claim something is the 'ultimate' you probably shouldn't leave any stones unturned.

FYI things also suitable for being 'marked down' on if you're building something that you're going to call 'ultimate':

Mismatched wheels,
Cranks not matching drivetrain (don't care that they're RF/Eewings)
If you've got RF Bars, you need to have RF Cranks, stem
Tire logos not lined up with valve stem.

IMO its kinda lame when people brand match everything. If the company isn't paying you to use their products then why bother? Its a lot cooler when people use what works best for them regardless of brand.

Sure mismatched wheels would probably trigger my OCD but matching bar/stem and crank by brand? Who cares.

Typical, hes just trolled all of you lol

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
but the handlebar is renthal.

I ment ultimate for me not Ultimate at world cup level.

Still love it...

All black. i might get back to all black and forget the oil slick components.

Haard choices....

Can someone explain me please what do i need to get in order to put a Fox coil on this?

Take care

Those were examples> I didn't mark you down on your bar choice. LOL

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
Typical, hes just trolled all of you lol


O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 5:13 Quote
felix571 wrote:
pqbb wrote:
felix571 wrote:


I did not get one as well. I think they built up the rig, found some parts left over but everything holds together pretty well so f*ck it.

Do you really think that the handlebars do not turn far enough with the knock block 2.0?

Some retailers "forget" to give you everything that is in the box, which should have at least included: (might have forgotten some shtuff)
-2 knock block chips (one with and another without the knock block stopper)
-Volume reducers/Tokens for the fork
-2 little bottles of Bontrager tire sealant
-rear derailleur jig to adjust B screwn (at least for SRAM eagle kits)

Additionally, I had the retailler give me some volume reducers for the rear shock "for free" :]

Perfect - I received exactly nothing of that! Big Grin

Good to know, i didnt received anything either!

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 8:41 Quote
My son will receive his Slash 9.8 GX size M/L next week Fab
I plan to swap his 175mm crankset by a 170mm one.
Anyone knows the sram reference for it? (knowing that it is a very special 55mm offset cranset as far as I understand)
thanks in advance tup

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
I could never find one. I saw a guy on YouTube got a normal boost spaced dub crank with a 0mm offset chainring and it worked.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
00.6118.610.001

That is SRAM's part number for the 55mm chainline 170mm crank. Comes with a 32t chainring.

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 15:01 Quote
dksousa wrote:
felix571 wrote:
pqbb wrote:


Some retailers "forget" to give you everything that is in the box, which should have at least included: (might have forgotten some shtuff)
-2 knock block chips (one with and another without the knock block stopper)
-Volume reducers/Tokens for the fork
-2 little bottles of Bontrager tire sealant
-rear derailleur jig to adjust B screwn (at least for SRAM eagle kits)

Additionally, I had the retailler give me some volume reducers for the rear shock "for free" :]

Perfect - I received exactly nothing of that! Big Grin

Good to know, i didnt received anything either!

I did forget something, the bike also came with a shock pump! Crappy quality, but the same stuff that is sold for ~35USD

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 22:13 Quote
pqbb wrote:
dksousa wrote:
felix571 wrote:


Perfect - I received exactly nothing of that! Big Grin

Good to know, i didnt received anything either!

I did forget something, the bike also came with a shock pump! Crappy quality, but the same stuff that is sold for ~35USD

WTF! That is pretty nice!
Mine came even without grease! Big Grin

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
Jeff197206 wrote:
My son will receive his Slash 9.8 GX size M/L next week Fab
I plan to swap his 175mm crankset by a 170mm one.
Anyone knows the sram reference for it? (knowing that it is a very special 55mm offset cranset as far as I understand)
thanks in advance tup

I threw a Sram X0 170 crankset (52 mm) on mine then tried a 32 tooth chainring, just barely fit. Didn’t like how tight it was, ordered a zero offset wolf tooth and the chainring is spaced back where it should be.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 3:48 Quote
Piker72 wrote:
Jeff197206 wrote:
My son will receive his Slash 9.8 GX size M/L next week Fab
I plan to swap his 175mm crankset by a 170mm one.
Anyone knows the sram reference for it? (knowing that it is a very special 55mm offset cranset as far as I understand)
thanks in advance tup

I threw a Sram X0 170 crankset (52 mm) on mine then tried a 32 tooth chainring, just barely fit. Didn’t like how tight it was, ordered a zero offset wolf tooth and the chainring is spaced back where it should be.

I'm about to do this with a set of 165s I just got. I'm honestly a little worried about the future availability of 0mm offset chain rings. Sram discontinued all their steel and slightly less expensive 0mm 11spd offset rings for BB30, and most other manufacturers are doing the same. Makes me wanna grab 2 rings, and then begin looking for the 55mm CL 165mm dub crank.

Edit: nevermind. Just grabbed a one up switch 0mm DM carrier and one of their round rings.

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
Hi all I want to buy one of these trek slash bikes but I am wondering can you just put a normal headset on it and just forget the knock bollocker? I want to do barspins

Thanks very much


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013250
Mobile Version of Website