Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 2:31 Quote
I am waiting for the delivery of the slash 8. Should have arrived in October but has been pushed back to December now.

I only hear great things so can’t wait for the bike to arrive. I might consider upgrading the brakes but think I will try them out first before spending more money.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
partimo wrote:
I am waiting for the delivery of the slash 8. Should have arrived in October but has been pushed back to December now.

I only hear great things so can’t wait for the bike to arrive. I might consider upgrading the brakes but think I will try them out first before spending more money.

I got my Slash 8 back in July. Brakes are fine, but I did upsize the rear rotor to 200mm. No idea why they keep spec'ing 180s on bikes like this. I have Code RSC's on my other bike and they are nicer for sure, but the Code R's still hold their own.

Upgrades I have made to my Slash 8 - New tires (Slash 8 tires are poos), new dropper post (I like my 200mm drop, went with a PNW), 200mm rear rotor, and 32t front chain ring (30t is fine, but pretty small paired with 175mm cranks). Of those upgrade the only MANDATORY ones in my mind are the new tires. Other stuff just get it, ride it, and take time to see what you want to throw more $ at. It's a pretty solid build out of the box.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 18:04 Quote
Anybody know what lead times are looking like for the '22 8 model at the moment? I'm digging the Miami green but wouldn't be surprised if they're backordered deep into 2022.

Posted: Nov 19, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
WY228 wrote:
Anybody know what lead times are looking like for the '22 8 model at the moment? I'm digging the Miami green but wouldn't be surprised if they're backordered deep into 2022.

LMAO. If it's not on order already with a dealer, don't expect to be riding it before mid 2023.
They were already backordered all the way thru 2022 in July this year.

Posted: Nov 19, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
WY228 wrote:

LMAO. If it's not on order already with a dealer, don't expect to be riding it before mid 2023.
They were already backordered all the way thru 2022 in July this year.

Yeah I figured such. Ah well, it is what it is. May keep a closer eye on that new Meta SX from Commencal coming later next year.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 21:44 Quote
Considering a slash 8 m/l anyone know actual stock weight?

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
samty wrote:
partimo wrote:

I got my Slash 8 back in July. Brakes are fine, but I did upsize the rear rotor to 200mm. No idea why they keep spec'ing 180s on bikes like this. I have Code RSC's on my other bike and they are nicer for sure, but the Code R's still hold their own.

Upgrades I have made to my Slash 8 - New tires (Slash 8 tires are poos), new dropper post (I like my 200mm drop, went with a PNW), 200mm rear rotor, and 32t front chain ring (30t is fine, but pretty small paired with 175mm cranks). Of those upgrade the only MANDATORY ones in my mind are the new tires. Other stuff just get it, ride it, and take time to see what you want to throw more $ at. It's a pretty solid build out of the box.

The dealer included a rotor size upgrade in the order so should be good to start with. I ordered the 2021 model but since this is out of stock they “upgraded” my order to the 2022 Miami green model for the same price as 2021. Now it’s hopefully just a matter of weeks!

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 21:19 Quote
Weighed a m/l slash 8 in the shop. 34.2lbs. gunna slap on a zeb ultimate.

Does anyone know if you can order the headset tool?

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
makripper wrote:

Headset tool? It's just a drop in headset 44/56.

Do you mean the BITS tool that fits in the steer tube with allen keys etc?

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 12:43 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
makripper wrote:

yeah looked it up and you can order it. I have the swat on my enduro and love it

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
makripper wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
makripper wrote:

yeah looked it up and you can order it. I have the swat on my enduro and love it

I went with the OneUp EDC tool and am quite happy with it.

I was riding with a friend that has the enduro and the SWAT too. We noticed that the 8mm tool on SWAT is not as good as on the OneUp EDC tool, it wouldn't fit in the 8mm bolt for his pedals, but the OneUp did (and has more tools).

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
makripper wrote:

As someone who has had the Bontrager BITS, OneUp EDC w/ threadless carrier and ONEUp EDC with the steerer threaded.

Just thread your steerer and be done with it. The one time hassle is soooo worth it. It lets you run the larger storage pod and can fit the plug/pliers kit on the EDC tool. Use the money you save from not buying the threadless carrier and get the plug kit...

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
Tried searching but didn’t see. Ordering a Dhx2 for my 21 9.8. Anyone have part number for mounting hardware? Thanks!

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 18:34 Quote
Question for you guys, the slash with lyrik and zeb both have same head angle? So how does it work there is a 15mm difference In axel to crown between the forks? Is the one with the lyrik actually steeper?

Nevermind. Only 5mm difference.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005749
Mobile Version of Website