close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
suggestions for what coil to put on a 22 9.8 slash? I'm 5'11/195, ride in the rockies and the southern utah desert mostly. My thru-shaft super deluxe blah blah started spitting oil everywhere about 5 rides in. I also hate how the climbing lockout feels.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 16:26 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
suggestions for what coil to put on a 22 9.8 slash? I'm 5'11/195, ride in the rockies and the southern utah desert mostly. My thru-shaft super deluxe blah blah started spitting oil everywhere about 5 rides in. I also hate how the climbing lockout feels.
warranty it. Before spending the cash on a new shock.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 18:30 Quote
I’m going to but I want a coil shock anyway.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 19:26 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
ask the bike shops you got it from. They should be able to direct you in a proper tune and valve setup

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 20:05 Quote
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
ask the bike shops you got it from. They should be able to direct you in a proper tune and valve setup

how about if you don't actually know, don't answer. I want a coil. I asked what coil people have liked. If you don't have a coil, and don't know anything about coils, then don't comment. it's pretty simple.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:

how about if you don't actually know, don't answer. I want a coil. I asked what coil people have liked. If you don't have a coil, and don't know anything about coils, then don't comment. it's pretty simple.
your a dumb f*ck. You need the proper tune for the damping for the specific frame. Shops have that info. Is this your first bike?

Sorry maybe it is. So each frame gets a specific shim stack and valving. If you get the wrong one for your bike it won't feel as good as it could.

Make any sense? I can go into more detail. The brand doesn't matter as much as the tune. Fox actually has a code on their oems to look up. Rock shox typicallydoes as well. Rockshox also has m and l tunes

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:

your a dumb f*ck. You need the proper tune for the damping for the specific frame. Shops have that info. Is this your first bike?

Sorry maybe it is. So each frame gets a specific shim stack and valving. If you get the wrong one for your bike it won't feel as good as it could.

Make any sense? I can go into more detail. The brand doesn't matter as much as the tune. Fox actually has a code on their oems to look up. Rock shox typicallydoes as well. Rockshox also has m and l tunes

so you don't actually know. got it.

anyone else?

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:

anyone else?
yeah I wasted my time. you are one of the dumbest people I've come across on here. Congratulations!

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:

anyone else?
yeah I wasted my time. you are one of the dumbest people I've come across on here. Congratulations!

this is the Slash thread, genius. I'm asking for coil shocks people have liked ON THE SLASH. i.e SPECIFIC TO THE SLASH FRAME. you don't have an answer, yet can't shut the f*ck up.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:30 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:

anyone else?

this is the Slash thread, genius. I'm asking for coil shocks people have liked ON THE SLASH. i.e SPECIFIC TO THE SLASH FRAME. you don't have an answer, yet can't shut the f*ck up.
100p the dumbest person on here. Again congratulations! You officially win! Yay you! Smile

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:

100p the dumbest person on here. Again congratulations! You officially win! Yay you! Smile

lol. you don't even have a Slash, you're going into shops weighing bikes you don't own and "considering one", yet you lose your shit when someone doesn't take your worthless generic "advice." get a grip homie.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:34 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:

lol. you don't even have a Slash, you're going into shops weighing bikes you don't own and "considering one", yet you lose your shit when someone doesn't take your worthless generic "advice." get a grip homie.
yeah I do have a slash you hadnicapped twat. Homie? f*ck you need help kid.

Even if I didn't have one, the advice still stands. That's literally how you do it to get a proper tune. You could get a fox or rock shox but If it's the wrong tune it's could suck. Not sure why I'm still trying to help your dumb ass.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:

Even if I didn't have one, the advice still stands. That's literally how you do it to get a proper tune. You could get a fox or rock shox but If it's the wrong tune it's could suck. Not sure why I'm still trying to help your dumb ass.

sick burn. did you come up with that yourself? you with your 21/22 current gen slash with a coil. lets see it.

If i get a coil i'm going to get it the proper size and tune for the bike I own, genius. and i'm not sure why you're "trying to help", either, since A: you aren't helping in the slightest and B: you don't have anything relevant to my actual question. so here, let me spell it out for you: of multiple shocks that are the proper size and tuned for a M/L 22 Slash, which one is preferable in your experience? You don't have any experience with one, so shut the f*ck up. we get it, you have a tiny dick.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:50 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:

sick burn. did you come up with that yourself? you with your 21/22 current gen slash with a coil. lets see it.

If i get a coil i'm going to get it the proper size and tune for the bike I own, genius. and i'm not sure why you're "trying to help", either, since A: you aren't helping in the slightest and B: you don't have anything relevant to my actual question. so here, let me spell it out for you: of multiple shocks that are the proper size and tuned for a M/L 22 Slash, which one is preferable in your experience? You don't have any experience with one, so shut the f*ck up. we get it, you have a tiny dick.
yeah pahaha you still don't get it. And yeah. Sick "burn" yourself. Made my night pahahahah

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:

yeah pahaha you still don't get it. And yeah. Sick "burn" yourself. Made my night pahahahah

you realize your photos and post history are public, right? You don't have a slash and haven't had one, and therefore have no idea what coil shocks are good on the bike. I doubt you even know what shocks fit the bike. hence the generic useless "advice". doesn't explain the roid rage, but hey. you do you. get angry at the internet because it wont take your useless comments about bikes you haven't owned, probably haven't even ridden.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007617
Mobile Version of Website