close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Author Message
Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:


sick burn. did you come up with that yourself? you with your 21/22 current gen slash with a coil. lets see it.

If i get a coil i'm going to get it the proper size and tune for the bike I own, genius. and i'm not sure why you're "trying to help", either, since A: you aren't helping in the slightest and B: you don't have anything relevant to my actual question. so here, let me spell it out for you: of multiple shocks that are the proper size and tuned for a M/L 22 Slash, which one is preferable in your experience? You don't have any experience with one, so shut the f*ck up. we get it, you have a tiny dick.
yeah pahaha you still don't get it. And yeah. Sick "burn" yourself. Made my night pahahahah


you realize your photos and post history are public, right? You don't have a slash and haven't had one, and therefore have no idea what coil shocks are good on the bike. I doubt you even know what shocks fit the bike. hence the generic useless "advice". doesn't explain the roid rage, but hey. you do you. get angry at the internet because it wont take your useless comments about bikes you haven't owned, probably haven't even ridden.
yup I own and definitely have ridden my new bike already. Maybe go find some YouTube channels to help you in your trying times

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:58 Quote
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:
yeah pahaha you still don't get it. And yeah. Sick "burn" yourself. Made my night pahahahah


you realize your photos and post history are public, right? You don't have a slash and haven't had one, and therefore have no idea what coil shocks are good on the bike. I doubt you even know what shocks fit the bike. hence the generic useless "advice". doesn't explain the roid rage, but hey. you do you. get angry at the internet because it wont take your useless comments about bikes you haven't owned, probably haven't even ridden.
yup I own and definitely have ridden my new bike already. Maybe go find some YouTube channels to help you in your trying times

photo with you with your 21/22 slash with a coil shock or shut the f*ck up.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 21:59 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
makripper wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:


sick burn. did you come up with that yourself? you with your 21/22 current gen slash with a coil. lets see it.

If i get a coil i'm going to get it the proper size and tune for the bike I own, genius. and i'm not sure why you're "trying to help", either, since A: you aren't helping in the slightest and B: you don't have anything relevant to my actual question. so here, let me spell it out for you: of multiple shocks that are the proper size and tuned for a M/L 22 Slash, which one is preferable in your experience? You don't have any experience with one, so shut the f*ck up. we get it, you have a tiny dick.
yeah pahaha you still don't get it. And yeah. Sick "burn" yourself. Made my night pahahahah


you realize your photos and post history are public, right? You don't have a slash and haven't had one, and therefore have no idea what coil shocks are good on the bike. I doubt you even know what shocks fit the bike. hence the generic useless "advice". doesn't explain the roid rage, but hey. you do you. get angry at the internet because it wont take your useless comments about bikes you haven't owned, probably haven't even ridden.

Enough already kids, time to drop it and go get a beer. This forum doesn't need this kind of shit talking.

To add something constructive to the conversation, go check out MtbTelly on YouTube, he did a bunch of back to back testing on the Slash with a Marzocchi Bomber coil and really liked it. https://youtu.be/t9Uq752TuX8

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
Hi all,

I took my bike appart to give it some love during the winter, rebuild and perform all maintenance required.
I was surprised to see most, if not all, frame/rear suspension bearings are completely done.
The worst are the 4 bearings holding the shock and the chainstay to seatstay bearings.
Some don't move at all anymore, others feel like the balls are now squares or triangles.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

I'm not shocked that the bearings need to be replace, but I am shocked on how bad they are and quickly I went through them even with great care and maintenance.

I've ordered replacement bearings, but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions or experiences and getting higher quality bearings that would last longer? Any other tips and tricks would be appreciated.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 9:13 Quote
Pop the seals off carefully and jam some grease in all the bearings..but yeah new bearings would be better

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Blue76 wrote:
Pop the seals off carefully and jam some grease in all the bearings..but yeah new bearings would be better

Yeah, I've done that for the bearings that still have some life in them (bottom bracket and headset), all the other ones will be brand new.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
pqbb wrote:
Blue76 wrote:
Pop the seals off carefully and jam some grease in all the bearings..but yeah new bearings would be better

Yeah, I've done that for the bearings that still have some life in them (bottom bracket and headset), all the other ones will be brand new.

Wondering why these bearing issues are popping up time to time in this thread.. maybe poor quality ones are used when manufacturing due to some supply issues? Would it make any difference to do a "preventive" greasing, or should I just straight get some better quality bearings?
Or, maybe just use the current ones till they last, and have already replacement ones on the shelf?
My bike is 2 months old, this winter will mostly run on local trails where this "destructive" mud is not really an issue..
in the previous bike I've had (Remedy 2017), bearing were kinda ok..

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 11:33 Quote
elsorichard wrote:
pqbb wrote:
Blue76 wrote:
Pop the seals off carefully and jam some grease in all the bearings..but yeah new bearings would be better

Yeah, I've done that for the bearings that still have some life in them (bottom bracket and headset), all the other ones will be brand new.

Wondering why these bearing issues are popping up time to time in this thread.. maybe poor quality ones are used when manufacturing due to some supply issues? Would it make any difference to do a "preventive" greasing, or should I just straight get some better quality bearings?
Or, maybe just use the current ones till they last, and have already replacement ones on the shelf?
My bike is 2 months old, this winter will mostly run on local trails where this "destructive" mud is not really an issue..
in the previous bike I've had (Remedy 2017), bearing were kinda ok..

I wonder myself.

I too had a Remedy 2017, for which the bearings last more than twice as long before showing signs of "notchiness" or issues. Riding the exact same bike parks and trails too.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 14:09 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
suggestions for what coil to put on a 22 9.8 slash? I'm 5'11/195, ride in the rockies and the southern utah desert mostly. My thru-shaft super deluxe blah blah started spitting oil everywhere about 5 rides in. I also hate how the climbing lockout feels.

for the record, in case anyone else is looking, no company currently makes a trunnion mount coil shock in 230x62.5. so there is no coil shock available for the current gen Slash, unless you figure out how to mount a non trunnion shock. i'm probably going to just buy a new non-thru shaft air shock for it.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 15:33 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
suggestions for what coil to put on a 22 9.8 slash? I'm 5'11/195, ride in the rockies and the southern utah desert mostly. My thru-shaft super deluxe blah blah started spitting oil everywhere about 5 rides in. I also hate how the climbing lockout feels.

for the record, in case anyone else is looking, no company currently makes a trunnion mount coil shock in 230x62.5. so there is no coil shock available for the current gen Slash, unless you figure out how to mount a non trunnion shock. i'm probably going to just buy a new non-thru shaft air shock for it.

Tons of people running coil shocks. Just get the mounting hardware listed a few pages back.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 16:12 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
blackercanyons wrote:
suggestions for what coil to put on a 22 9.8 slash? I'm 5'11/195, ride in the rockies and the southern utah desert mostly. My thru-shaft super deluxe blah blah started spitting oil everywhere about 5 rides in. I also hate how the climbing lockout feels.

for the record, in case anyone else is looking, no company currently makes a trunnion mount coil shock in 230x62.5. so there is no coil shock available for the current gen Slash, unless you figure out how to mount a non trunnion shock. i'm probably going to just buy a new non-thru shaft air shock for it.

Tons of people running coil shocks. Just get the mounting hardware listed a few pages back.

that's the info i needed. thanks.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
Just an update on my P1, after 1 year I am still in love with my slash! Now with a fox Float X2 230x65...plenty of space! And more travel.

Trek Slash 21 ProjectOne Fox 38 Factory Fox Float X2 Sram AXS ETC

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
rean84 wrote:
Just an update on my P1, after 1 year I am still in love with my slash! Now with a fox Float X2 230x65...plenty of space! And more travel.

Trek Slash 21 ProjectOne Fox 38 Factory Fox Float X2 Sram AXS ETC

That looks fresh dude! How do you like the X2? I feel like I can't get along with the ROXSHOX. I am honestly considering upgrading.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 22:10 Quote
My thru shaft super deluxe ultimate apparently had damage to the dummy shaft somehow after like 5 or 6 rides. Shot oil everywhere and the PSI in the shock dropped by about 70. Told me today they’re replacing it under warranty. Wish I could get them to send me a non thru shaft shock instead.

Will prob put either a non-Trek RS or Fox on there or try a coil out.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
blackercanyons wrote:
My thru shaft super deluxe ultimate apparently had damage to the dummy shaft somehow after like 5 or 6 rides. Shot oil everywhere and the PSI in the shock dropped by about 70. Told me today they’re replacing it under warranty. Wish I could get them to send me a non thru shaft shock instead.

Will prob put either a non-Trek RS or Fox on there or try a coil out.

Go with Fox or DVO. Can't see why anybody goes with RS anymore with the consistent reliability problems they've had for many years.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007545
Mobile Version of Website