Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 6:08 Quote
felix571 wrote:
I just checked both of the wrenches and they monitor the torque in one direction only. Did you check the Gedore wrench I linked?

I have the 6.2 and use it often, it monitors torque in both directions. From the park tool site itself:

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 8:52 Quote
WY228 wrote:
felix571 wrote:
I just checked both of the wrenches and they monitor the torque in one direction only. Did you check the Gedore wrench I linked?

I have the 6.2 and use it often, it monitors torque in both directions. From the park tool site itself:

If you want another high end torque wrench here is one. It's CDI who is a Snap-on industrial brand. Which means it's snap on without the name. But the website zoro constantly has 20% off deals when you sign up for email. I have some Bahco (snap on) and knipex that I got from them and the price was very good (after25% off). I personally use 2 snap on torque wrench's that were handed down to me and I always feel confident I won't over torque anything.

https://www.zoro.com/cdi-cdi-torque-wrench-38dr-30-250-in-lb-2502mrmh/i/G1212933/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping%20feed&utm_content=free%20google%20shopping%20clicks&gclid=CjwKCAiA24SPBhB0EiwAjBgkhivCzRSdpm7K7HvN32uRq6oNDlJrfdx4s8Ycg2WNUNXJ11GRt7nr-hoCJEkQAvD_BwE

I hope you invest well! Tools can be had forever and passed down, bad tools make you swear as you try to fix stripped or broken hardware.

Cheers!

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 11:50 Quote
i mr trek

I dont understand .... X2 COil does not exist. why is it mentioned by trek peeople .
this is wierd..

Can someone explain to me the HARDware needed in the SDeluxe coil or the hardware needed for the fox coil?

thanks!!!!!

trek wrote:
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi all.

I have I quick question that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer. I'm aware that the super deluxe air shock won't fit in the slash frame due to the lever position. Does anyone know about the super deluxe select r, as as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a lock out lever.

Thanks in advance.

It barely hits with the lever, so you may be safe with the lever-less Super Deluxe, but we recommend testing it at full compression to be sure it won't hit before riding.

Here is a list of known compatible shocks that we tested:
- MY21 Fox X2 Coil
- MY21 Fox X2 Air
- RockShox Super Deluxe Coil
- Fox DPX2
- MRP Hazard
- Also, a variety of inline shocks (no reservoir/piggyback) will fit

P.S. great seeing all these sweet Slash builds in here everyone! Can't believe it's been over a year since the new Slash - I still love mine!

-Mitch

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 13:05 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
i mr trek

I dont understand .... X2 COil does not exist. why is it mentioned by trek peeople .
this is wierd..

Can someone explain to me the HARDware needed in the SDeluxe coil or the hardware needed for the fox coil?

thanks!!!!!

trek wrote:
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi all.

I have I quick question that I'm hoping someone may be able to answer. I'm aware that the super deluxe air shock won't fit in the slash frame due to the lever position. Does anyone know about the super deluxe select r, as as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a lock out lever.

Thanks in advance.

It barely hits with the lever, so you may be safe with the lever-less Super Deluxe, but we recommend testing it at full compression to be sure it won't hit before riding.

Here is a list of known compatible shocks that we tested:
- MY21 Fox X2 Coil
- MY21 Fox X2 Air
- RockShox Super Deluxe Coil
- Fox DPX2
- MRP Hazard
- Also, a variety of inline shocks (no reservoir/piggyback) will fit

P.S. great seeing all these sweet Slash builds in here everyone! Can't believe it's been over a year since the new Slash - I still love mine!

-Mitch

X2 coil = DHX2. It exists.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
Hi,

Strange question, I've just taken delivery of my slash. One of the line comp 30 rims has a small hole in it. It looks perfectly formed and like it's supposed to be there, but I can not think of a reason why it would be. Its only about 1mm in diameter. Can anyone shed any light on this? Or is it likely a manufacturing error?

Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 11:02 Quote
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi,

Strange question, I've just taken delivery of my slash. One of the line comp 30 rims has a small hole in it. It looks perfectly formed and like it's supposed to be there, but I can not think of a reason why it would be. Its only about 1mm in diameter. Can anyone shed any light on this? Or is it likely a manufacturing error?

Cheers

Drain hole for any water that gets in through the spokes, completely normal.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 11:03 Quote
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi,

Cheers
mine has that I was confused aswell

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
WY228 wrote:
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi,

Cheers

Drain hole for any water that gets in through the spokes, completely normal.

Cheers man, it makes sense and seems so obvious now that you've said it . On a side note. The bikes a beast! Had a terrible creak for the first few miles, but that seems to have gone now.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
Chicken-man wrote:
Hi,

Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 12:55 Quote
Sorry, I was trying to ask a question to chicken-man...Is your new slash a 2022?
Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 21:29 Quote
threshold31 wrote:
Sorry, I was trying to ask a question to chicken-man...Is your new slash a 2022?
Cheers

Nah. It's the 2021, used the cycle to work scheme and my employer has a limit of £3000, luckily I picked up a slash 7 for £2700. As far as I could tell, the 2022 is pretty much the same spec, just different colourways. Just got to throw a few upgrades on now.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 4:29 Quote
Nice! Thanks!
I’m waiting for mine on May…
Will see if that happen…

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 7:22 Quote
SirWilhelm wrote:

Not sure if I posted this picture properly, but jumping a roller in 20'F weather. Ground was crunchy!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007739
Mobile Version of Website