Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
i mr trek

I dont understand .... X2 COil does not exist. why is it mentioned by trek peeople .
this is wierd..

Can someone explain to me the HARDware needed in the SDeluxe coil or the hardware needed for the fox coil?

thanks!!!!!

x2=DHX2.

the hardware is explained earlier in this thread. google the trek parts diagram for the slash. you need two thru axles, one upper, one lower, and two long bushings with spacers. one upper, one lower.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 11:30 Quote
Has anyone had an issue with the iscg holes being drilled incorrectly? I’ve just gone to fit a guide to a box fresh 2022 Slash 8 only to find all of the holes wont align, I had a few spacers for different guides and it’s impossible the align all three holes at the same time.
Sorry if this has been covered.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 13:22 Quote
your guide is iscg05?

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
Yes iscg05, The holes are definitely too far out to fit a guide.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
trialstars wrote:
Has anyone had an issue with the iscg holes being drilled incorrectly? I’ve just gone to fit a guide to a box fresh 2022 Slash 8 only to find all of the holes wont align, I had a few spacers for different guides and it’s impossible the align all three holes at the same time.
I got a chain guide the other day and realised this. I did some researching and found out there meant to be like that but you have to run quite a spacer or a few washers and get some longer bolts for it to work.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 23:09 Quote
The standoff, isn’t the main issues, the clearance is tight tho, you can only get two of the three iscg bolts in at the same time, I’ve taken a photo but can’t for the life on me upload it.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 1:23 Quote
trialstars wrote:

Yep. Ive tried to fit an iscg05 guide on my slash 8 and the holes dont line up properly.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 3:56 Quote
its-joe wrote:
trialstars wrote:

Yep. Ive tried to fit an iscg05 guide on my slash 8 and the holes dont line up properly.

What have you done about it if you don’t mind me asking? This looks like a pretty big quality control issue to me.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
You could use the fun chain guide and bash guard combo since that’s a 2 piece guard and only requires 2 holes to line up. I know the bash part works because I’ve used it and can imagine the guide will to.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
8tom8 wrote:
You could use the fun chain guide and bash guard combo since that’s a 2 piece guard and only requires 2 holes to line up. I know the bash part works because I’ve used it and can imagine the guide will to.

There are a few options but the bike hasn’t been used and should be right from the get go, I’d rather have one that wasn’t made incorrectly, I’ll probably try and return it.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
trialstars wrote:
8tom8 wrote:

There are a few options but the bike hasn’t been used and should be right from the get go, I’d rather have one that wasn’t made incorrectly, I’ll probably try and return it.
ah yes probably best you return it then

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
This is more a shock question than anything ... I just swapped my DX2 to a Super Deluxe ultimate .. its a new shock, but the rebound is still a bit quick for my liking ... what is the process to get that slowed down even more?

Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 15:32 Quote
t1maglio wrote:
This is more a shock question than anything ... I just swapped my DX2 to a Super Deluxe ultimate .. its a new shock, but the rebound is still a bit quick for my liking ... what is the process to get that slowed down even more?

The Super Deluxe Ultimate should have a rebound dial on the top of the shock body (if it is the latest SDU shock). You can rotate this counter-clockwise to slow the rebound. If you have it turned down and you still find it to be too fast, you could have too much air pressure making the shock stiff, but you should also check your lockout to make sure you have the shock open when testing the rebound.

-Mitch

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 4:48 Quote
Thanks for the reply, Mitch. I do run my suspension stiff … 220psi for a rider that ways 170 … but that’s how I like it ‍♂️ I definitely know how to adjust the shock, it’s full turtle ;-) and unlocked. What I’m asking is is there something internal that can be revalved/adjusted to slow it down more.

trek wrote:
t1maglio wrote:

The Super Deluxe Ultimate should have a rebound dial on the top of the shock body (if it is the latest SDU shock). You can rotate this counter-clockwise to slow the rebound. If you have it turned down and you still find it to be too fast, you could have too much air pressure making the shock stiff, but you should also check your lockout to make sure you have the shock open when testing the rebound.

-Mitch

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006714
Mobile Version of Website