Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Author Message
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 5:05 Quote
Thanks for the sizing advice.

Luckily found a shop with some correct sizes to sit on. The better half opted for the M/L after shop riding the M. Glad to have a trek back in the stable. It looks a real beast in the Miami green.

Anyone running a 180 one up dropper on their slash M/l ? Does it slam? Has anyone shimmed a dropper on their slash? Got a 180mm 31.6 dropper which will come off the fuel ex7 so be nice to fit it if possible.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:21 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
WharfRatNJ wrote:
Andy87MTB wrote:
People who are 5.8ft and 30 inch inseam how are they sizing? ML or M ? If M/L how are they finding the bike? Got a 2020 fuel ex7 in medium now which feels good but treks sizing says a M/L will fit too. Love to go ride a ML but finding one and a medium to compare is hard so be good to hear a few opinions. Understand this is rider subjective but thought I’d ask anyway.

Similar size at 5'7" 29ish inseam... I have a med in both 2021 Remedy and Slash. At first the Slash felt huge but after getting used to it I really like the sizing. After a few days on the Slash I'll get on the Remedy and it feels like a toy. All around the Slash is a "big" bike and I couldn't imagine being comfortable on a M/L even at an inch taller in your case.

Your Fuel is similar to my Remedy so if you like that in med then go med on the Slash for sure.

I’m about your size, 5-7 with a 30” inseam, how long of dropper are you able to run?

I'm still running the oem 150 completely slammed. It's a bit too long but it's tolerable for me. I have a 150 oneup to swap in eventually and will probably lower it to 140. The oneup might even be ok at 150 with the smaller profile seat clamp and collar.

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
Noob question alert.

I had an issue at Bike Park Wales and had to replace the front brake for a Guide RE. I also lost the thing that you use to mount the brake so cobbled something together using something that wasn't ideal and a mixture of spacers/washers.

I want to get a new mount, what do I need to get? Trek Slash 8 2021 with the standard rotor size. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 23:58 Quote
Finally close to taking my Slash 8 home! It’s currently sat in the workshop at work waiting for me to find the time to RideWrap it. Not helping that I have to see it every day!

Alandarfi wrote:
I want to get a new mount, what do I need to get? Trek Slash 8 2021 with the standard rotor size. Thanks!

The Lyrik on the Slash 8 takes a 180mm rotor natively, but the bike is spec’d with a 200mm up front, so you’ll want a 20mm post mount adaptor, like this:

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/brakes/sram-20p-post-bracket-front-180-rear-160-mm/

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 0:34 Quote
jadias wrote:
Finally close to taking my Slash 8 home! It’s currently sat in the workshop at work waiting for me to find the time to RideWrap it. Not helping that I have to see it every day!

Alandarfi wrote:
I want to get a new mount, what do I need to get? Trek Slash 8 2021 with the standard rotor size. Thanks!

The Lyrik on the Slash 8 takes a 180mm rotor natively, but the bike is spec’d with a 200mm up front, so you’ll want a 20mm post mount adaptor, like this:

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/brakes/sram-20p-post-bracket-front-180-rear-160-mm/

Amazing, thanks!

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 0:46 Quote
Also, I've noticed a creaking and it looks like I've lost a bolt or something from here?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HaW9YRoSUCuljnpOzhQqZLwquIuOig9F/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone help me out with what I need to replace?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 0:54 Quote
Andy87MTB wrote:
Anyone running a 180 one up dropper on their slash M/l ? Does it slam? Has anyone shimmed a dropper on their slash? Got a 180mm 31.6 dropper which will come off the fuel ex7 so be nice to fit it if possible.

Anyone? I'd like to know this too

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 2:10 Quote
its-joe wrote:
Andy87MTB wrote:
Anyone running a 180 one up dropper on their slash M/l ? Does it slam? Has anyone shimmed a dropper on their slash? Got a 180mm 31.6 dropper which will come off the fuel ex7 so be nice to fit it if possible.

Anyone? I'd like to know this too

I’ve ordered a shim and will try this next week once it turns up. I’ll let you know how we get on

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 2:11 Quote
Alandarfi wrote:
Also, I've noticed a creaking and it looks like I've lost a bolt or something from here?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HaW9YRoSUCuljnpOzhQqZLwquIuOig9F/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone help me out with what I need to replace?

Thanks!

No you aren’t missing a bolt there. That hole (along with two others nearby) is for ISCG-05 mount. It’s for chain guide and/or bash guard. I’m guessing you have 7 or 8, which do not come with chain guide or bash guard. Hope that helps.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 2:36 Quote
Alandarfi wrote:
Also, I've noticed a creaking and it looks like I've lost a bolt or something from here?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HaW9YRoSUCuljnpOzhQqZLwquIuOig9F/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone help me out with what I need to replace?

Thanks!

Creaking has nothing to do with the "missing" bolt.
In this thread it was discussed a while ago, that the creaking in most cases comes from the pivots. You'll need to disassemble the pivots, re-grease the surfaces, locktite the bolts before putting together. Other common source of creaking is the seat-seatpost connection, and seattube-seatpost surface. I'd give those a cleaning first, as they are easier to do than the pivots.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 4:31 Quote
JDunn709 wrote:
Muscovir wrote:
If the color annoys me much, I'll just strip the paint and have some clear coat applied to the raw alloy.

Looking forward to seeing pictures if this happens!


Two weeks in and I've actually taken to the color. I like it quite a bit now. Maybe it was just the harsh light in the showroom, but in natural light, the color has a darker shade and looks less radiant. I think I'll keep it this way.

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 4:35 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Finally got my hands on a Ohlins ttx22 coil

Man that looks sick!

Did you go with the TTX2 in a 230x65mm size? Does the longer stroke fit or does the seatstay bridge come awefully close to the seat tube?

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 5:01 Quote
trek wrote:

Tire manufacturers test tires differently, so it could be their sizing is off due to the rims. Different rim widths can affect the width of the tire itself. But also, tire tread patterns could also vary in width. Specifically, Bontrager 29x2.6" tires work perfectly on the 2021+ Slash for front and rear.

-Mitch

Great, thanks! I was planning to run the Bontrager SE5's in 29x2.5" front and rear, but unfortunately I can't find them in stock anywhere...

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 12:12 Quote
Muscovir wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
Finally got my hands on a Ohlins ttx22 coil

Man that looks sick!

Did you go with the TTX2 in a 230x65mm size? Does the longer stroke fit or does the seatstay bridge come awefully close to the seat tube?

I have tried a 230 x 65mm size shock in a Slash 8 2021 and there aren't clearance issues, I don't know what travel you get but I think around 166mm of rear wheel travel...

Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 16:26 Quote
Muscovir wrote:
Great, thanks! I was planning to run the Bontrager SE5's in 29x2.5" front and rear, but unfortunately I can't find them in stock anywhere...

Where are you based? Pretty sure there’s plentiful warehouse stock of most Bontrager tyres here in the UK (I just ordered an SE4) so any Trek store should be able to get you one.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007895
Mobile Version of Website