Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
Standard superdeluxe air will not fit either which is a shame.

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 15:25 Quote
Large trek dealers will have X reserved already, smaller trek shops will be back if the line unless they have support from a good trek rep[/Quote]

That's not what I hear. Even the direct Trek stores dont have an advantage. They used to, but not anymore.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 0:58 Quote
Davidm816 wrote:
If you go to the new B2B, type in Slash, the hit other content there is a 2021 slash FAQ. It lays the bike all out. She is going to be big.

for all those who want to know
170 front no fork specicfied
160 rear no shock specified

angles i cannot tell you, ,knockblock will be there to protect your shifters to damage the frame, fork should have clearance

bb will be threaded, which is waht we all want

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
Ha 64.1
sa 75.6 (low)

Ha 64.6
Sa 76.1 (high)

Reach increases 20-30mm per size. Look at the Fuel EX for a guide.

No accessory mounts- which they refer to as kickstand etc, but I guess also probably rules out additional tool mounting.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:34 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
Ha 64.1
sa 75.6 (low)

Ha 64.6
Sa 76.1 (high)

No accessory mounts- which they refer to as kickstand etc, but I guess also probably rules out additional tool mounting.

That's frustrating, I was really hoping for a kickstand this year.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:
Ha 64.1
sa 75.6 (low)

Ha 64.6
Sa 76.1 (high)

That's frustrating, I was really hoping for a kickstand this year.

Don't worry, that just means you can't use the intergrated kind. Throw on a staymount and you'll be the coolest guy at the trails.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
Shock eye to eye and stroke the same?

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
bakewell wrote:

Doesn't say but most likely not given the fact that it will have a similar suspension design but with 10mm more travel.

Posted: Aug 2, 2020 at 20:30 Quote
[/Quote]

That's frustrating, I was really hoping for a kickstand this year.[/Quote]

Definitely, throw in front and rear fenders, a rack, plus grocery basket in front and I am on board! Big Grin

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
bakewell wrote:

230x62.5 on the 2021

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 20:41 Quote
The standard RockShox Super Deluxe air shock does not fit due to lockout lever interference in the last 1/3 of the travel. The new Super Deluxe Thru Shaft uses a new shock body from RockShox that provides more clearance.

Taken from the Q and A. This for me raises some questions... Will we see a new suspension design? Perhaps? I have difficulties figuring out how that could happen on the current suspension design.

Cheers!

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 22:44 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Interested to see what this looks like, but no chance I'm buying one with the amount of issues I've had with my slash.

If they keep the thrushaft then they've gone mental, it's so bad
Just change the shock ?

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
olicool360 wrote:
The standard RockShox Super Deluxe air shock does not fit due to lockout lever interference in the last 1/3 of the travel. The new Super Deluxe Thru Shaft uses a new shock body from RockShox that provides more clearance.

Taken from the Q and A. This for me raises some questions... Will we see a new suspension design? Perhaps? I have difficulties figuring out how that could happen on the current suspension design.

Cheers!

It could be referring to the bottle cage clearance? If the frame design and linkage is slightly different with more travel the shock could theoretically come in contact with the bottle/bottle cage.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 0:11 Quote
Have seen the 2021 Rail 9, is there a chance the suspension setup and geometry are similar on the slash?
My LBS:
https://www.evocycles.co.nz/Product/359021/2021-trek-rail-9-gx-nz-29-factory-orangelithium-grey

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 0:26 Quote
olicool360 wrote:

Cheers!

Probably looks like a session ;-)

But, the team riders use a Super Deluxe...? So it fits?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005708
Mobile Version of Website