Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
8tom8 wrote:
I just wanted to put this out here but the slash for me works very well as a mullet in high. I’ve been running it for abit now after my 29er wheel broke and it is very good. It’s more playful and fun on jumps and on steep tech you can get more behind the bike on steep drops and chutes but also I have a slight feeling the suspension kinematics change and the rest shock feels even grippier But the suspension does bob abit more. I have no idea why this is to be honest. But I think that if your hesitant on it you should just try it because It can work very well
i just spoke with a guy yesterday about this. hes loving it as well. the only weakness i found with my slash is tight corners. i'm guessing the 27.5 makes it better?

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 5:24 Quote
taskmgr wrote:
8tom8 wrote:
I just wanted to put this out here but the slash for me works very well as a mullet in high. I’ve been running it for abit now after my 29er wheel broke and it is very good. It’s more playful and fun on jumps and on steep tech you can get more behind the bike on steep drops and chutes but also I have a slight feeling the suspension kinematics change and the rest shock feels even grippier But the suspension does bob abit more. I have no idea why this is to be honest. But I think that if your hesitant on it you should just try it because It can work very well
i just spoke with a guy yesterday about this. hes loving it as well. the only weakness i found with my slash is tight corners. i'm guessing the 27.5 makes it better?
yeah I ride a size large and I’m 6ft and it can be abit of a barge and you have to muscle it around a lot in the 29er setup but with the 27.5 it is slightly easier. I forgot to add it also feels quite confidence inspiring when riding blind because it reacts slightly quicker so changes direction fast

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
Which standard stem length has the Slash 8?

Is it 35mm oder 40mm?

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 6:15 Quote
felix571 wrote:
Which standard stem length has the Slash 8?

Is it 35mm oder 40mm?
it’s a 40mm

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Stem is 35mm per the listed spec

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:40 Quote
Probably 40mm length, and for ø35bars.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
My 2021 medium came with a 40mm. Swapped it out for 35mm Line Pro recently so know for sure it was stamped 40mm...

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
Im 6ft2 tested one last year. Felt good. Actually quite a big bike. The XL slash would just be to big for most of my riding.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 12:41 Quote
So funny people keep saying it's such a large bike..I'm only 5'9" with shoes and ml just felt cramped..the ett is really not that long..I'm pretty sure it's actually the same than my ml remedy..you straightn out the seat angle and put a 40 mm stem on it and you've got a short cockpit.. regardless I went with a large feels great

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
Blue76 wrote:
So funny people keep saying it's such a large bike..I'm only 5'9" with shoes and ml just felt cramped..the ett is really not that long..I'm pretty sure it's actually the same than my ml remedy..you straightn out the seat angle and put a 40 mm stem on it and you've got a short cockpit.. regardless I went with a large feels great

My large remedy was probebly a bit small for me . But ive alwasy ridden smaller bikes.
The XL slash is just to big.
Geometry on the large is good for many i think.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 22:27 Quote
WharfRatNJ wrote:
My 2021 medium came with a 40mm. Swapped it out for 35mm Line Pro recently so know for sure it was stamped 40mm...

Did you realize any changes with 5mm less?

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
felix571 wrote:
WharfRatNJ wrote:

Did you realize any changes with 5mm less?

I'd say yes but only really when seated and pedaling. I always felt a bit stretched out but seems more comfortable now.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 16:06 Quote
Looking for fork and shock recommendations

Thinking zeb 170 and coil

Anyone went 180 at the front ?

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 8:07 Quote
samesame84 wrote:

Fox 38 180 / DHx2 / Enve AM30 / Cane Creek Ewings

Ready for Whistler! DH machine now

Trek Slash Project One Fox 38 - 180mm Fox DHx2 Cane Creek Ewings Enve Am30

Trek Slash Project One Fox 38 - 180mm Fox DHx2 Cane Creek Ewings Enve Am30

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
samesame84 wrote:

Converted my Lyrik to 180 and then swapped in bars with lower rise to keep the cockpit feel the same. 180 fork and dh casing tires and this thing is a bulldozer.

I'm still running an air spring though. Thought about coil but have no issues with air so far.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014423
Mobile Version of Website