Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Author Message
Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 22:09 Quote
29ers roll way faster and most of the time if your out spinning a 32t on a 29er you need to tuck instead.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 0:22 Quote
if you liked die 34 on 27,5 go for 32 on 29. feels nearly the same...

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 3:24 Quote
I am not sure if the 34t even fits the slash frame. I'm riding a 32t and it's already super close between chainring & chainstay.

I personally think for me (racing enduro & regularly pedaling ~10-15 km on flat roads to my local trails) the 32 is enough, while on the 30 I had noticeably high wear on the smallest three cassette sprockets.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 7:13 Quote
FlorianTHT wrote:
I am not sure if the 34t even fits the slash frame. I'm riding a 32t and it's already super close between chainring & chainstay.

I personally think for me (racing enduro & regularly pedaling ~10-15 km on flat roads to my local trails) the 32 is enough, while on the 30 I had noticeably high wear on the smallest three cassette sprockets.

Yeah 34 fits. I'm running 34 currently. I think trek state 34 as its max

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
29ers roll way faster and most of the time if your out spinning a 32t on a 29er you need to tuck instead.

Never would have thought of this. My first 29er lol ! Good lookin out y’all I’ll try a 32T

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 7:42 Quote
@trek Would putting 27.5 wheels on a 2021 trek slash 9.7 change the geometry in any way that would jeopardize the frame? Or would it just increase the number of pedal strikes?

-Bodhi

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
Bodhi124 wrote:
@trek Would putting 27.5 wheels on a 2021 trek slash 9.7 change the geometry in any way that would jeopardize the frame? Or would it just increase the number of pedal strikes?

-Bodhi
I tried this put it in high and it makes it 0.3 degrees slacker so not really any change. I found it was really nice and didn’t notice many more pedal strikes.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
@8tom8 did it make it more maneuverable in the air?

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 6:06 Quote
Bodhi124 wrote:
@8tom8 did it make it more maneuverable in the air?
yup it takes less effort to get it sideways and also it feels like you get bucked less

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
8tom8 wrote:
Bodhi124 wrote:
@8tom8 did it make it more maneuverable in the air?
yup it takes less effort to get it sideways and also it feels like you get bucked less

Another thread here that goes into detail on a mullet experiment on the Slash. Guy decided to go back to full 29er after testing.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=232778

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 18:21 Quote
hi All
I got my Slash 9.8 smoked blue 2021 I ordered the 2022 9.7 (smoked blue) in trek but order was delayed several times and to be honest I'm not good waiting, so after looking few days I found a 2021 9.8 and since was the color that I wanted I decided to buy it.
I've been riding it a couple of months and I totally love it, my previous bike was a 2011 Fuel Ex with some upgrades, but the change feels whole new world, the only downside is the weight, but I totally love this....
now I'm doing some upgrades and need your help
I'm trying to swap the rear shox for a rock shox super deluxe non trunnion mount
I already got the bolts and now I need the 3-piece mounting hardware,
anyone know the part number or link to a page that I can order it?
I have no idea how to find the info..
thanks!

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 22:25 Quote
csandoval012 wrote:
hi All
I got my Slash 9.8 smoked blue 2021 I ordered the 2022 9.7 (smoked blue) in trek but order was delayed several times and to be honest I'm not good waiting, so after looking few days I found a 2021 9.8 and since was the color that I wanted I decided to buy it.
I've been riding it a couple of months and I totally love it, my previous bike was a 2011 Fuel Ex with some upgrades, but the change feels whole new world, the only downside is the weight, but I totally love this....
now I'm doing some upgrades and need your help
I'm trying to swap the rear shox for a rock shox super deluxe non trunnion mount
I already got the bolts and now I need the 3-piece mounting hardware,
anyone know the part number or link to a page that I can order it?
I have no idea how to find the info..
thanks!

The old pre 23 Rockshox SD air is said by Trek not to fit the frame due to the lockout lever I think. It has no clearance.

For bushings I recommend Huber. He will also support you on sizing if needed.

https://huber-bushings.com/

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
Msahr wrote:
csandoval012 wrote:
hi All
I got my Slash 9.8 smoked blue 2021 I ordered the 2022 9.7 (smoked blue) in trek but order was delayed several times and to be honest I'm not good waiting, so after looking few days I found a 2021 9.8 and since was the color that I wanted I decided to buy it.
I've been riding it a couple of months and I totally love it, my previous bike was a 2011 Fuel Ex with some upgrades, but the change feels whole new world, the only downside is the weight, but I totally love this....
now I'm doing some upgrades and need your help
I'm trying to swap the rear shox for a rock shox super deluxe non trunnion mount
I already got the bolts and now I need the 3-piece mounting hardware,
anyone know the part number or link to a page that I can order it?
I have no idea how to find the info..
thanks!

The old pre 23 Rockshox SD air is said by Trek not to fit the frame due to the lockout lever I think. It has no clearance.

For bushings I recommend Huber. He will also support you on sizing if needed.

https://huber-bushings.com/

I'm putting the 2022 SD flight attendant so won't have issues with lockout lever Smile

I got the list of all the components needed:
Trek Slash 2021+
Upper Shock Axle – 599898
Lower Shock Axle – 5258210

SHOCK HARDWARE, 10X54.0, 11.4118.091.016 Top
SHOCK HARDWARE, 10X40.0, 11.4118.091.012 bottom

I was able to order all except 10x54 top one that looks like is out of stock everywhere Frown

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 7:14 Quote
Has anyone else found the bolt that connects the chain stay to the front triangle exceptionally hard to get off or is it reverse threaded? I don’t want to really yank on it and break it if it’s reverse threaded

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
The bolt on inquiring about is the main pivot one if that’s clearer


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006643
Mobile Version of Website