Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 5:51 Quote
Bike 2 months old
Bottom shock bearings are gubbed already

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
samesame84 wrote:
Bike 2 months old

It is manufacturing issue. The bearings are most likely fine, the spacers and lower shock widths are too narrow, so tightening the bottom mount going to seize the bearings. You can add thin extra washers to fix this problem.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 17:40 Quote
I had this issue too
elsorichard wrote:
samesame84 wrote:
Bike 2 months old

It is manufacturing issue. The bearings are most likely fine, the spacers and lower shock widths are too narrow, so tightening the bottom mount going to seize the bearings. You can add thin extra washers to fix this problem.

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 13:26 Quote
samty wrote:
I had this issue too
elsorichard wrote:
samesame84 wrote:
Bike 2 months old

They feel really rough and gritty. Ive asked trek to replace them

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 13:27 Quote
Want to run 220 discs

Assume i need a 40 caliper mount for front and rear?

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 22:25 Quote
samesame84 wrote:
Want to run 220 discs

Yes, correct. Frame is 180mm mount and my Lyrik is 180 as well.

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 23:30 Quote
felix571 wrote:
samesame84 wrote:
Want to run 220 discs

Yes, correct. Frame is 180mm mount and my Lyrik is 180 as well.
Thanks

Posted: Aug 31, 2022 at 23:57 Quote
samesame84 wrote:
Want to run 220 discs

zeb is 200 direct mount.

Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
samesame84 wrote:
samty wrote:
I had this issue too
elsorichard wrote:

Any luck with Trek replacing these?
I've replaced the factory installed ones, and even with the new ones, after 1 month of riding they felt completely destroyed when turning them with the tip of my finger, but feel fine when the shock is moving them..

Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 12:04 Quote
Clicking from main pivot i think. Its been out twoce and regreased. Seem to click a bit u der load . I can replicate it buy holding the seat tube and pushing pulling the wheel as well.
Anyone experince this . Ive just been turning my music up really

Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 12:05 Quote
pqbb wrote:
samesame84 wrote:
samty wrote:
I had this issue too

Any luck with Trek replacing these?
I've replaced the factory installed ones, and even with the new ones, after 1 month of riding they felt completely destroyed when turning them with the tip of my finger, but feel fine when the shock is moving them..
Ive sent the request, they will do it . Trek have alwasy been good with this stuff . Thats why i bought the slsh . But il keep you posted

Posted: Sep 2, 2022 at 13:13 Quote
samesame84 wrote:
Clicking from main pivot i think. Its been out twoce and regreased. Seem to click a bit u der load . I can replicate it buy holding the seat tube and pushing pulling the wheel as well.

When I first got the bike, I took all pivot points appart to grease them and locktite the bolts. (which I redid 6 times at this point, 3-4 times a season)
The only 2 bolts to ever loosen "themselves" were the rear wheel axle bolt and the stem cap bolt, both of which can produce clicking sounds.

It would be surprising to get clicking sounds from the pivot points, even with the bolts loose there is no back and forth play at all on my bike.. but you may have little to no grease and/or dirt in there.

Destroyed bearings could also be the cause! Looking forward to your experience trying to warranty them.

Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 14:07 Quote
samesame84 wrote:

Everything in the rear axle area went loose on mine(drive and non drive) and caused clicking under load. Torqued it all back up and everything good for a few rides since. Of course by this point I'd looked at pedals, cranks, main pivot and rocker link.

Posted: Sep 5, 2022 at 22:49 Quote
Went to the bikepark on sunday and my bike was feeling all over the place and very harsh. The chain and the cables in the front were so noisy.

I weigh around 90kg ready to ride and got two tokens in my Lyrik up front and one token in the SuperDeluxe installed.
Can you guys tell me your complete settings if you weigh comparable?

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
felix571 wrote:
Went to the bikepark on sunday and my bike was feeling all over the place and very harsh. The chain and the cables in the front were so noisy.

I weigh around 90kg ready to ride and got two tokens in my Lyrik up front and one token in the SuperDeluxe installed.
Can you guys tell me your complete settings if you weigh comparable?
Shock (zeb)
2 tokens
Rebound 4
Compression 0
210 psi

Fork
3 tokens
Lsc 4
HSC 1
R 4 from rabbit
70 psi

Its dusty and loose lately so rebound is slower.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013814
Mobile Version of Website