Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 5:45 Quote
Yeah, just looking to switch the rotors to 220mm front and 200mm rear. Sram codes, on the lyrik. (2021 trek slash Cool

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 22:07 Quote
i-kerr wrote:
Yeah, just looking to switch the rotors to 220mm front and 200mm rear. Sram codes, on the lyrik. (2021 trek slash Cool

Alright, the Lyrik got 180mm PM standard, so you will need a 40mm adapter to run the 220mm Centerlines.
--> https://www.tnc-hamburg.com/TNC-Shop/Bremsen/Disc-Adapter/Avid-Adapter/Sram-Disc-Adapter-PM-40-Scheibe-200-mm-Post-Mount-6--21326.html

The slash frame got 180mm PM as well, so you will need a 20mm adapter ro run the 200mm Centerlines.
--> https://www.tnc-hamburg.com/TNC-Shop/Bremsen/Disc-Adapter/Avid-Adapter/Sram-Disc-Adapter-PM-20-Scheibe-200-180-mm-Post-Mount-7-6--49269.html

O+
Posted: Dec 21, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
Cheers! Appreciate it eh

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2022 at 11:39 Quote
I was thinking of getting a coil for my slash. Is this the one thats needed?

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/rockshox-super-deluxe-ultimate-coil-rct-rear-shock-230-x-65mm-bearing-mount-fits-2017-transition-patrol-a2

Posted: Jan 2, 2023 at 3:52 Quote
I think you want a coil with a standard top mount. I threw the one on in the link below....it was on a killer xmas sale. I was able to take my hardware off the air can and slid it into this shock. I trimmed the lockout knob back as it will hit on compression if in the lock position The 1 you linked has a different looking top mount. My Slash is a 2022 size M

https://www.commencalusa.com/rockshox-superdeluxe-coil-ultimate-350lbs-c2x34518897

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 15:15 Quote
doing some upgrades on the bike

going from 180mm to 200mm rotor will be huge improvement, or not really?
have anybody change the cranks from 175mm to 165mm?

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 15:48 Quote
dksousa wrote:

Yes both of those will be substantial upgrades that I made after the first couple weeks. 175 are way too long for that short bb and 200mm rotors belong on this bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 16:54 Quote
kingch24 wrote:
dksousa wrote:

Yes both of those will be substantial upgrades that I made after the first couple weeks. 175 are way too long for that short bb and 200mm rotors belong on this bike.

I want to go to a shorter crank too. Agree 175 is way too long, no idea why they keep spec'ing them. What cranks/bb mods did you go with? I've heard some people saying it's hard to find one that works with the chainline on this bike.

Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 7:28 Quote
samty wrote:
kingch24 wrote:
dksousa wrote:

I want to go to a shorter crank too. Agree 175 is way too long, no idea why they keep spec'ing them. What cranks/bb mods did you go with? I've heard some people saying it's hard to find one that works with the chainline on this bike.

I upgraded to 200mm rear and 220 front (on Code RSCs), not because I felt I was lacking braking power, but because I was having a lot of arm pump with this bike. I also changed the handlebars to the oneUps carbon for the same reason.

I've been tempted to go for shorter cranks too, but figured I'm doing just fine with the 175s.

Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 8:03 Quote
Couple of comments:

-Definitely go to 165mm cranks, I have only good things to say. Not sure why they would spec 175mm cranks.
-I bought my son a 9.7 and the bikes do not have Shimano brakes but the new SRAM DB8 brakes. Was surprised but he won't notice the difference.

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 12:03 Quote
bedell99 wrote:
Couple of comments:

-Definitely go to 165mm cranks, I have only good things to say. Not sure why they would spec 175mm cranks.
-I bought my son a 9.7 and the bikes do not have Shimano brakes but the new SRAM DB8 brakes. Was surprised but he won't notice the difference.

what height are all of you that are using 165 cranks?
The riding I do have pretty steep punchy climbs so I don't know what that would do for that

Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 12:48 Quote
betterbuckleup wrote:
bedell99 wrote:
Couple of comments:

The riding I do have pretty steep punchy climbs so I don't know what that would do for that

I'm 5'10" and ride a ML. I would absolutely go to 165mm. No issue with climbing and most of my rides are between 2000-4000 feet. I didn't really notice much difference in the climbing, what I did notice is less pedal strikes on descents. That is the main reason I wanted 165mm cranks.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2023 at 10:38 Quote
bedell99 wrote:
betterbuckleup wrote:
bedell99 wrote:
Couple of comments:

I'm 5'10" and ride a ML. I would absolutely go to 165mm. No issue with climbing and most of my rides are between 2000-4000 feet. I didn't really notice much difference in the climbing, what I did notice is less pedal strikes on descents. That is the main reason I wanted 165mm cranks.
Good to hear. I'm 6'1".
Guess I'll add a set to the upgrade list

Posted: Jan 9, 2023 at 13:12 Quote
pqbb wrote:
samty wrote:
kingch24 wrote:

I upgraded to 200mm rear and 220 front (on Code RSCs), not because I felt I was lacking braking power, but because I was having a lot of arm pump with this bike. I also changed the handlebars to the oneUps carbon for the same reason.

I've been tempted to go for shorter cranks too, but figured I'm doing just fine with the 175s.
same, i have zero need for it as i dont pedal down steep rocky sections.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2023 at 21:58 Quote
Quick question everyone! I had a 2021 Slash 9.8XT that developed a crack in the top tube. Trek warrantied the frame no problem! I did 2 overhauls on the bike before getting the new frame and each time my bearings were smoked.

Is there anything I can put in place of the bearings? Or a way to prolong their life (at least not destroying them quickly?

Also thinking of going to a MRP or other coil shock….or really anything else. The original rear shock never felt super consistent. Anybody recommend a certain shock or have any experience with MRP suspension products?

Thanks for any input!
Cheers,
Airport Mike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012231
Mobile Version of Website