Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
PeteBatz wrote:
Cant see why they would ditch it on the Remedy and keep it on the Slash..

Only thing I can figure is that maybe the re:aktiv is what makes the shock suck and that they still think the thrushaft is better for heat management. (assuming they have worked out the kinks)

Race team give a clear indication of what works, if you see them using the thru shaft it’s all good if not change the shock

They do not,
Katy Winton

Posted: Aug 6, 2020 at 21:40 Quote
https://www.blazingbikes.co.uk/index.php/brands/trek/trek-slash-2021.html
A bike ship claiming to be able to order a 2021 slash.

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
mitch160 wrote:

A few UK dealers taking orders this week on 9.9 raw/black or factory orange no spec sizing yet.
maybe Monday is the launch

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 20:11 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
mitch160 wrote:

A few UK dealers taking orders this week on 9.9 raw/black or factory orange no spec sizing yet.
maybe Monday is the launch

Today I called my local Trek shop and they put my name down to call me when a 2021 slash 8 comes in. He said I could likely be receiving a call this week. ???????? Keep the updates coming!

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that release date was August 10th so that would make sense..

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 0:53 Quote
im curious why people cant get the trek shock to work? i've had several with reactiv and thrushaft, i get really good small bump sensitivity and packs up well and doesnt just blow through the travel.

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 4:55 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
im curious why people cant get the trek shock to work? i've had several with reactiv and thrushaft, i get really good small bump sensitivity and packs up well and doesnt just blow through the travel.

no. From my experience and all my friend's who have had one have thought it was trash. But if you've found a way to set it up properly please let me know Smile

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 15:53 Quote
2021 Fuel Ex 8 XT spec is looking good for $4300CAD. I'm hoping for a 2021 Slash 8 with similar spec for $4600CAD. That would be sick.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 at 23:14 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:

Thing is more when you try a X2 or DPX2 for example it just works so much better, in the same frame..
I had 3 broken Factory DPS shocks with reaktiv btw. All leaking from the rebound knob and becoming a pogo stick.

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
looks like the slash is coming out on the 10th of Aug, not completely sure but that's what I've heard from a friend that works for trek

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 6:57 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:

I had one that was bad from the factory when brand new. Got it warrantied. Haven't had a problem since (that was fall 201Cool . Added a megneg and then it got really good. However, the actual thrushaft can come loose and do damage. Check that thing every month or two. Take shock off the bike, use a long 3mm. it takes almost zero torque. it just turns till it stops, but if it comes all the way loose, bye bye shock

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
SID156 wrote:
looks like the slash is coming out on the 10th of Aug, not completely sure but that's what I've heard from a friend that works for trek

f*ck bro ill br waiting on that!

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
Stores in Oz saying new slash & colours in the shop 4-5weeks , orders are open

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
Stores in Oz saying new slash & colours in the shop 4-5weeks , orders are open

What store said that:? Its only 8am on Monday morning here...

Taking orders on what? What spec? What price?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013210
Mobile Version of Website