Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 0:32 Quote
Jeff197206 wrote:
do you know where I can find a crankset for my son's slash?
i'm looking for a 165mm SRAM GX Eagle X-SYNC Crankset - Direct Mount 32 T. - 11/12-speed - DUB - Lunar - Chainline 55mm

i cannot find it in Europe Frown
thank you in advance!

Check R2 bike:

https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-GX-Eagle-DUB-Crank-1x12-X-SYNC-2-Direct-Mount-Chainring-32-teeth-MTB-Wide-chainline-55-mm-lunar-grey-165-mm

Posted: Jan 30, 2023 at 1:24 Quote
elsorichard wrote:
Check R2 bike:

https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-GX-Eagle-DUB-Crank-1x12-X-SYNC-2-Direct-Mount-Chainring-32-teeth-MTB-Wide-chainline-55-mm-lunar-grey-165-mm

thanks! just bought Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2023 at 14:08 Quote
kingch24 wrote:
HeatedRotor wrote:
@kingch24 are you seriously still going on about this... Im guessing now that you've said your bit you cant take it back and are defending it to wits end, regardless if there was any truth to it.

Motorsport Shows how much Preload effects the car without changing springs - If you want to really know - go on FB and message "Angus koleston" he used to work for salsa cycles, Supercars and now has his own engineering company.
Hugely knowledgeable about suspension in the real world.

It’s ok I’m used to being the smartest person in the room. Eventually people are willing to do some actual research and not be so stuck to preconceived notions.

Ah yes, there it is. You can see the engineer coming out.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 10:51 Quote
Speaking of coils is anyone somewhere near the 230lb mark on a coil and if so what weight?

I’m on a kitsuma with a 550lb spring which gives about 28% sag. It feels great on small to medium stuff but it goes through the travel a bit too easily on bigger stuff.

Wondering whether to up a spring rate of go with a progressive spring.

There’s compressions settings to play with too but a quick car park bounce would seem it makes little difference.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 12:31 Quote
simonhuscroft wrote:
Speaking of coils is anyone somewhere near the 230lb mark on a coil and if so what weight?

I’m on a kitsuma with a 550lb spring which gives about 28% sag. It feels great on small to medium stuff but it goes through the travel a bit too easily on bigger stuff.

Wondering whether to up a spring rate of go with a progressive spring.

There’s compressions settings to play with too but a quick car park bounce would seem it makes little difference.

You won't feel difference in compression settings in parking lot. I would go up in the spring rate for bigger impacts and open up compression a little to maintain performance on smaller stuff. Otherwise think about tunning the shock to suit your weight - generally speaking these are designed for smaller weights. Some 'shimming' would bring them up where they need to be for you.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 19:36 Quote
Yo guys, I’m sure this was answered before…

Anyone know if I can fit a 200mm bontrager elite dropper in my ‘22 slash size L?

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 20:50 Quote
Processtuna wrote:

Anyone know if I can fit a 200mm bontrager elite dropper in my ‘22 slash size L?

Probably, I went with a 210 one up on my size large and it’s perfect. Ditch the Bontrager if you can.

Posted: Feb 14, 2023 at 10:24 Quote
stokedrightnow wrote:
Processtuna wrote:

Probably, I went with a 210 one up on my size large and it’s perfect. Ditch the Bontrager if you can.

I also have a 210mm oneUp dropper post, it fits but won't slam all the way down (but is just fine for my use).
Therefore, the bontrager dropper will slam even less...

For what it's worth, the quality of the bontrager elite dropper post is much better than the oneUp v2 dropper post!
OneUp is serviceable and cheap.. but too cheap to my liking. Has a crazy amount of back and forth play when extended and rotational play when not extended and noisy while riding.
The tolerances are garbage, if you're lucky enough, you get a tight feeling OneUp post .. to then get garbage replacement parts for your rebuild kit making the post feel worse than before the service...
I'm still a oneUp client because their flat pedals are my favorite and their support/warranty is easy to deal with (they sent me 4 dropper rebuild kits before I gave up on them and came up with my own solutions)

Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 8:16 Quote
Is there a redesign in the works for the slash? I’m debating between a slash, sentinel, and an enduro/stumpy evo. But wouldn’t want to jump on the slash at full price when there’s a redesign a few months down the road

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 9:05 Quote
Keegansamonster wrote:
Is there a redesign in the works for the slash? I’m debating between a slash, sentinel, and an enduro/stumpy evo. But wouldn’t want to jump on the slash at full price when there’s a redesign a few months down the road

Nothing rumored, nothing released, nothing noted. It's a pretty great bike as it is. I think the only thing that would make it better would be a slightly steeper seat tube angle.

The sentinel is a kick ass bike! The slash is a kick ass bike! I'm not partial to Specialized but the Stumpy and Enduro bikes are also great.

I would say that you'll be happy with all of them. Buyer's remorse is common with big purchases but let's remember being a better rider doesn't mean having a "better" bike Beer

Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 10:59 Quote
So the Slash 7 2022 i bought lightly used has a Fox Float X shock but it has been mounted with wrong hardware so there is some play there. I'm useless at this, does anyone know what the proper Fox hardware is? Top and bottom.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 14:26 Quote
54mm x 10mm top and 40mm x 10mm lower.

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 8:32 Quote
Keegansamonster wrote:

I don't know if there is a redesign but they will at least have to rethink the specs on some of the builds. I have a 2022 Trek Slash 8 and it has a Lyrik select plus 170mm. The new Lyrik only goes to 160mm so it will have to be a zeb for 2023.

I have enjoyed the Slash. Still haven't really found it's limit on descents. However, now when I hop on my carbon Kona Process 134 CR/DL I realize how much fun it is to ride a shorter travel bike. If you can't have 2 bikes I would get the Sentinel. I rode one once and had a blast on it.

Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 18:49 Quote
Just curious how the slash would ride w a shorter chainstay. Literally the only question i have about geo. It rips, not sure what actually needs updating.

Posted: Feb 23, 2023 at 0:13 Quote
Hi all i’ve got another bike with regular dub cranks and was wondering if it’s possible to swap them for the dub wide cranks and if anyone has done it? cheers

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016570
Mobile Version of Website