Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2023 at 23:59 Quote
8tom8 wrote:
Cheers guys i’ll get a 0 offset ring

How did this work out? Did you put regular DUB cranks (instead of DUB Wide) on the Slash? I'm keen to do the same, but worry the cranks will get super close to the chainstays if I do that.

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 0:53 Quote
samty wrote:
8tom8 wrote:

How did this work out? Did you put regular DUB cranks (instead of DUB Wide) on the Slash? I'm keen to do the same, but worry the cranks will get super close to the chainstays if I do that.

There will be like 5-6mm clearence between the cranks and the stock chainstay guard on the drive side (depending on the crankarm thickness), non driveside will be even more, 1cm or so. The 0 offset ring will be closer to the chainstay, but also no issues with the clearence.

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 7:35 Quote
samty wrote:
8tom8 wrote:

I put a DUB non-wide/standard crankset with 30T boost ring on my slash. I wouldn't call it "super close." More like very close. I bought a bunch of 1mm crank spacers to replace the stock spacers and get the chainring as close to the chainstays as possible. Been running it for months and no issues.

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 15:00 Quote
Geo for the new slash:
photo

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 23:53 Quote
samty wrote:
8tom8 wrote:

Not great my bike got nicked so I got a forbidden after lol

Posted: Sep 7, 2023 at 1:38 Quote
Seems like today is embargo lift day for the high pivot model, already on the official site:
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/slash/c/B341/

Posted: Sep 15, 2023 at 2:20 Quote
Has someone of you guys broken a Line Elite wheel after the 2 year Carbon-Care period? How much was the replacement?

Posted: Sep 15, 2023 at 6:07 Quote
Aaaaaand just like that Slash resale value hits the floor….. waiting for the high pivot rail next.

Posted: Sep 15, 2023 at 7:33 Quote
mustclime wrote:
Aaaaaand just like that Slash resale value hits the floor….. waiting for the high pivot rail next.

I don't about that. I don't think everyone is on board with the high pivot. I've been around long enough to see the high pivot come and go a few times. I'll be sticking with my Slash 8 for awhile longer.

Posted: Sep 15, 2023 at 7:36 Quote
goldsbar wrote:
samty wrote:
8tom8 wrote:

I put a DUB non-wide/standard crankset with 30T boost ring on my slash. I wouldn't call it "super close." More like very close. I bought a bunch of 1mm crank spacers to replace the stock spacers and get the chainring as close to the chainstays as possible. Been running it for months and no issues.

Do you have some pictures of the setup? I've wanted to do this thing, but am not ready to pull the trigger yet.

Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 10:31 Quote
How many tokens are people out there running in their super deluxe thrushaft? Just curious if one is enough with this much of a progression curve to cure harsh bottoms.

Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 8:22 Quote
spongybrakes wrote:
How many tokens are people out there running in their super deluxe thrushaft? Just curious if one is enough with this much of a progression curve to cure harsh bottoms.

I'm running 1 token and high psi and it feels good on jumps and flow

Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 20:32 Quote
another question, thinking about the RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil, will it need a custom tune or is it adjustable enough

Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 4:25 Quote
No it’ a all good! I’m running a 65mm shaft and just perfect!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032221
Mobile Version of Website