Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Author Message
Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 6:18 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
SID156 wrote:
TomSteele87 wrote:
Trek Slash 7 2021 just went up on blazing bikes.

https://www.blazingbikes.co.uk/index.php/brands/trek/trek-slash-2021/trek-slash-7-2021-mountain-bike-4622.html
I think they took it down , did someone manage to get a screen shot of the bike?

here you go:




Looks like no knockblock?

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
The specification said knock block is removable.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 6:20 Quote
Do you guys have pics of the slash 8 by any chance, just want to see the difference thanks ????

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
Tombola27 wrote:
The specification said knock block is removable.

this is true. forks can fit passed the downtube again. But being trek they keep the knock block as otherwise they'd have to admit it was a crap idea.

new knock block has more turning than old so hopefully be a good mod for the older slash

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 7:26 Quote
Moeron wrote:
jurassicrider wrote:
SID156 wrote:
I think they took it down , did someone manage to get a screen shot of the bike?

here you go:


I hope this won't be the new Trek Slash but probably it will. Maybe they are not going to release a new one due to sales expectations?

Looks like no knockblock?

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
PabloMoll wrote:
Moeron wrote:
jurassicrider wrote:


here you go:


I hope this won't be the new Trek Slash but probably it will. Maybe they are not going to release a new one due to sales expectations?

Looks like no knockblock?

Knockblock 2.0 wider angle

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
WY228 wrote:
So can someone explain to an industry noob like myself what is taking so long for Trek to release this bike? Is it purely pandemic-related delays? What is the "embargo" I keep hearing about and what does that entail? Please excuse my ignorance. Just confused behind the wait for the Slash while other brands have been pushing out new or updated models for a while now.

Normally, all this happens behind the scenes and we don't hear about it.
However we all 'knew' that trek would be releasing a new Slash this year - based on product cycles. On top of that Trek has an excellent dealer website - so if you know someone who's a dealer they can get you some news ahead of the 'public'.

An embargo is when a manufacturer (and they ALL do it) has information for a select few people that shouldn't be released until a certain date. Manuf want's to make sure that marketing and all info is spot on before release - the bike industry is no different to others in this regards.

The Slash is right on time. Usually an August release for new bikes.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
nouseforaname wrote:
WY228 wrote:
So can someone explain to an industry noob like myself what is taking so long for Trek to release this bike? Is it purely pandemic-related delays? What is the "embargo" I keep hearing about and what does that entail? Please excuse my ignorance. Just confused behind the wait for the Slash while other brands have been pushing out new or updated models for a while now.

Normally, all this happens behind the scenes and we don't hear about it.
However we all 'knew' that trek would be releasing a new Slash this year - based on product cycles. On top of that Trek has an excellent dealer website - so if you know someone who's a dealer they can get you some news ahead of the 'public'.

An embargo is when a manufacturer (and they ALL do it) has information for a select few people that shouldn't be released until a certain date. Manuf want's to make sure that marketing and all info is spot on before release - the bike industry is no different to others in this regards.

The Slash is right on time. Usually an August release for new bikes.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
Either way, change it or not. My trails are to hard to get anything besides a slash/session

Frown treek has failed us mates

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 8:02 Quote
Am I the only person who is glad the geo didn't change toooo much? I like that the slash is a little more playful than the full-sled bikes.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
WY228 wrote:
So can someone explain to an industry noob like myself what is taking so long for Trek to release this bike? Is it purely pandemic-related delays? What is the "embargo" I keep hearing about and what does that entail? Please excuse my ignorance. Just confused behind the wait for the Slash while other brands have been pushing out new or updated models for a while now.

It’s due during whistler so any time this or next week.

Can someone beat up in real life the guy who explicitly said the 10th was the day

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 8:16 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
Am I the only person who is glad the geo didn't change toooo much? I like that the slash is a little more playful than the full-sled bikes.

Yeah I'm ok with it too, with the changes they made and a short offset fork this is perfect for big days and the bike parks we have here (Oregon)

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
Am I the only person who is glad the geo didn't change toooo much? I like that the slash is a little more playful than the full-sled bikes.

Yeah I'm ok with it too, with the changes they made and a short offset fork this is perfect for big days and the bike parks we have here (Oregon)

is the ZEB higher stack over 38’s , just thought about that

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 8:40 Quote
I for one loved the subtle changes made on the Fuel. They made just enough difference to make the bike entirely it's own vs. the previous generation. I'm hoping the subtle changes on the Slash have a similar feeling. I had a super steep seat angle on my Transition and although I "loved" it at first, a year later I realized I enjoyed the more balanced position of the Trek, and therefor rode a lot faster on a Slash and the new Fuel. The super steep seat angle bikes put me too far over the front and I could never get used to it, other than on the climbs.

I assume they kept Knock Block because it's still being run on the smaller bikes.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 9:01 Quote
FastRiding wrote:
enduroFactory wrote:
WY228 wrote:
So can someone explain to an industry noob like myself what is taking so long for Trek to release this bike? Is it purely pandemic-related delays? What is the "embargo" I keep hearing about and what does that entail? Please excuse my ignorance. Just confused behind the wait for the Slash while other brands have been pushing out new or updated models for a while now.

It’s due during whistler so any time this or next week.

Can someone beat up in real life the guy who explicitly said the 10th was the day

I literally ranted about this in a podcast we recorded on Wednesday lol


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006945
Mobile Version of Website